Search results

1. earlburner

TDIclub Secret Society of BMW Owners (SSBMWO)

Those 328d's are sweet! I needed a wagon for cargo and xdrive for snow. I know I could have gotten a 328d wagon. But an X5 diesel appeared on a CPO lot and it just followed me home! I put 15k on it since labor day. The 3 liter biturbo get between 22 and 30 mpg, Fuelly pegs it a 26.6 mpg...
  2. earlburner

TDIclub Secret Society of BMW Owners (SSBMWO)

Well I joined you guys.... dieselgate taketh the sportwagen and giveth the E70 xdrive35d. Could not stay away from diesels!
  3. earlburner

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Volkswagen Is Told to Recall Nearly 500,000 Vehicles Over Emissions Software Looks like VW had software to detect emissions testing and turn on full emissions controls on then. Jalopnik EPA Orders Volkswagen To Recall 482,000 Diesel Cars For Cheating On Emissions NYTimes Volkswagen Is Told...
  4. earlburner

09 red JSW in Philly

Hey, Saw a purdy 09 Salsa Red JSW behind 1700 Market today.
  5. earlburner

Wood? Lined trunk

I can see where this is going.......:eek:
  6. earlburner

TDi Morning Rattle

Thanks for the answer Oilhammer...... I guess what it's telling me is " be gentle .... I'm cold! " ;) It's pretty loud and ringing on that first shift expecially with the window open. After a warm up it's quiet again.
  7. earlburner

TDi Morning Rattle

Hey guys, I don't think I have a problem. I just looking for information here. Now that the weather has a touch of fall in the air. When I start my 09 JSW there is a "rattle" in the engine. ( still not broken in ) This disappears as the engine gets some heat. This does not sound like a...
  8. earlburner

Sparking interest in Diesels

Or "Will America wise up and smell the diesel?" :eek:
  9. earlburner

Sparking interest in Diesels

A newsweek piece on "Will Americans Buy Diesels" http://www.newsweek.com/id/216045 "... a Volkswagen spokesman, says sales of the TDI Jetta were 20 percent above the company's expectations."
  10. earlburner

Is the Honda diesel still in the works?

Man that Honda diesel is so done.... like yesterday's maki! No diesel in North America for Honda... just me too hybirds. They can't get to do 50 state emissions.
  11. earlburner

Jetta Anti-theft effectiveness

A tow truck and dolly and your car is gone! Imobilizer or not.
  12. earlburner

my new 09 Sportwagen

Salsa red ....... Very Nice!!!:D
  13. earlburner

Drive harder... More Mileage????

I'll look into the the FrostHeater. Got to find a trusted mechanic in my area. My dad used to say "diesels were good whey they warmed up" His meaning that when diesels warm up they have a chance to boil off of any condensation that accumulated in the crankcase overnight. I don't know how this...
  14. earlburner

+1 True, but it's harder to read the paper in the car! :rolleyes:
  15. earlburner

Ok doc....That sounds reasonable. Maybe I'll just drive it to a train station that further away so that it will warm up in the winter.:)
  16. earlburner

Hey got diesel?

+1:D very kewl!
  17. earlburner

Hey got diesel?

I wanted to show off my diesel ... so I had some vinyl signs made up. What do you guys think? :D
  18. earlburner

yup, I'm looking at the MFD console for the mileage. Most days my commute is short 15 mins ( anyone know where to get a winter cover for a MKV jetta? ) with some 3 hour runs twice a week. I just got it two weeks ago and it felt tighter than a crab's a$$. With 500 miles it's loosening up (...
  19. earlburner

Key went swimming - Doesn't work

If it went swimming in salt water, then try this.... disassemble the key, Soak it in distilled water rinse and soak again. This is to get the salt off it. Then let it dry disassembled. Change the battery and try it. There are no guarentees if it was doused with salt water. If it was in...
  20. earlburner

New Jetta 2009 TDI white with beige leatherette

Hang in there Goldie! I got the same message from my mechanics too.:rolleyes: But I jumped in too and got a 09 JSW. I love it so far!:D In any case if you find a VW guru in the area let me know.