Search results

1. L

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

2.99 at several stations near my office in Eastern Massachusetts.
  2. L

Hoping to exceed 40 MPG

We just finished an 800 mile road trip in our BMW 540d...to Montreal and back.Started with a full tank (17.2 US gallons),didn't buy a drop of fuel while away,and when we got home the "distance to empty" reading was 15 miles.About 700 miles of the trip was at a steady 65mph and the other 100 were...
  3. L

VW Still Believes In Diesels; Unveils New 2.0 TDI Mild Hybrid

I can see a small windmill on the roof which,once the battery's dead,will allow you to continue...at 20MPH,with no headlights,no heat or A/C,no wipers and only one occupant. :rolleyes:
  4. L

VW Still Believes In Diesels; Unveils New 2.0 TDI Mild Hybrid

I can drive my diesel more than 700 miles on the Interstate (motorway to Europeans) without stopping and when it's empty I can fill it up in about 4 minutes at any one of about 35,000 filling stations nationwide. You can't do that in an electric.And you'll be lucky to be able to do it 20 years...
  5. L

2018 BMW 540d for USA??

Just took delivery a couple of weeks ago."Beast" is an apt description.Can't wait to take it down to Florida next January!
  6. L

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

In summer diesel is usually between Regular and Mid Grade...in winter it's typically close to Premium.That's in Massachusetts where I buy most of my fuel.
  7. L

New VW diesel engine

And a minimum of 38,000,000 die every year as the result of toenail fungus.
  8. L

History Of Diesel In The USA

They haven't mentioned another milestone...*my* first diesel,the BMW 335d.A small 4 door sedan featuring 425 ft lbs of torque at 1700 RPM.
  9. L

VW Won't Attempt to Regain Diesel Leadership in US; Many TDI Models May Never Return

Seems to me that CAFE requirements might compel VW to change their mind.I certainly hope they do because VW pulling out of the US market might cause BMW and MB to do so as well.
  10. L

Hilarious story of my friend and his diesel Chevy Cruz

I suppose that's possible.But it must be noted that I'm a pretty shady looking guy! :D
  11. L

Hilarious story of my friend and his diesel Chevy Cruz

A few years ago I was detained by Canadian customs officials (no handcuffs but not free to go) trying to enter Canada in my Bluetec.The Bluetec,unlike my BMWs,didn't have "free" maintenence and it was starting to show the "1000 miles until no start" warnings so I brought a 2.5 gallon jug of DEF...
  12. L

2013 tdi question

Save for later
  13. L

TDI prices...are they really falling?

save for later
  14. L

Winter Is Coming

Save for later
  15. L

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

No long ago I decided to try an experiment with my "d".I started engaging the "eco pro" mode at the start of several 70 mile trips I often make on the Interstate (visiting family).I set the cruise at 66MPH (speed limit's 65) and was lucky enough to hit *no* traffic on *any* of the trips.The...
  16. L

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

I'm from the government and I'm here to help" :rolleyes:
  17. L

No,not really.The EPA,and CARB,have been waging war against the American people (and economy) for decades.
  18. L

Yes,some will demand an explanation...those who invite EPA and CARB officials to all the most exclusive cocktail parties.But most will just yawn or,worse still,see car makers as hostages of college professors and government bureaucrats who owe their comfortable,secure,livelihoods to taxpayer...