Search results

1. G

Part number for injector pump 2002 jetta tdi manual

I have an opportunity to buy a used pump cheap. What is the part number of a manual trans injector pump for a 2002 jetta tdi wagon. I just want to make sure its a manual pump and not an auto pump. What is the part number for an auto pump. Would I need to change settings and injectors to make it...
  2. G

Clicking noise from Injector pump?

I had a clicking noise and saw that my serpentine tensioner was bad. From my research realized that a bad alternator pulley may have caused the failure. All was replaced ,serpentine tensioner smoothe and no rattling. I still have a clicking. can most clearly be heard inside the car. (Too...
  3. G

Dealer did not replace rollers TB beltchange

what parts does the dealer typically replace during a standard t belt job? Bought ex wifes 2002 jetta tdi wagon 5 spd. I told her to have the t belt changed by the dealer at about 90 k. I just bough the car with 109k on it. Had no power, intake clogged etc etc. I wanted to turn engine by...
  4. G

help 96 tdi in bad accident 45 min s of atlanta

Hi all I was just involved in a bad accident near 45 min s of Atlanta. Considerind selling it . Engine and trans awesome many newer parts, well maintained, I want to cry :-( logistics and costs have me thinking a person from the forum may want the car. Rear ended hay truck on 75 , was creeping...
  5. G

Rear axle beam bushings B4 (latest on best)

Hi, I have been doing some research on replacing my rear axle bushings. I have gone through many aftermarket front control arm bushings and finally going to install the audi TT ones. I dont want to go through the same routine more than once on the rear bushings. I have been seeing that...
  6. G

Instrument cluster rebuilder from forum

Hi, A few years ago I had my instrument cluster rebuilt by someone on this forum. He was doing clusters for a lot of people and was good at it. Unfortunately a low battery killed my cluster, just like it did last time. I cant remember who this person was, I dont see anything in my messegas...
  7. G

Thanks for encouragement, IP Head seal

Thanks for the encouragement. I finished the job today. Leaky IP fixed on first try. Primed with a squeeze bottle, started almost instantly! I was doing tbelt at the same time so I decided to remove the pump completely to get a better look at it and to clean it better. It was easy with the...
  8. G

Pump Head seal, should I do it?

I have a '96 Passat Tdi. I do all the work on it, a couple timing belt changes, and a top seal on the IP pump and set values. My pump head is leaking. I have reviewed all on the forum and looked at dieselgeeks proceedure. What is the success rate on replacing the head seal on these pumps...
  9. G

speedometer instrument cluster source for new or repair

In 2004 with 120000 miles gauges satrted freaking out and then failed all together. bought one at dealer and they programmed it My second odometer a few weeks ago and one hickup and then and today all gauges failed. they do not power up. I think it may be related to a pothole I hit. Odometer...
  10. G

96-97 Passat TDI 290 E Bound in Illinois

Just wanted to drop a note that I just had the pleasure of seeing a dark colored Passat TDI heading eastbound on 290 in Illinois by woodfield this morning. Believe their plate started with H88. This is the way a TDI should be driven, hard and fast. Who's ever car it was, let it be know that...
  11. G

Low clutch pedal after clutch change

Hi, I just changed the clutch in my 96 Passat Tdi. It went very well, I took the drive flanges off and that made the difference in taking it out. It was a little tighter than most ( Lat 2 clutches I did was on an 86 VW Scirocco and a 62 Trabant) I notice that the the friction point or the...
  12. G

Good clutch resurfacer,specs or flywheel replacement

Hi, Its been a while since I posted, 96 Passat TDI has been running great. Its time for a I was just wondering if anyone knows of a good shop that can resurface my flywheel PROPERLY and to the correct specs in the west burbs of Chicago. I have also considered just having a replacement...
  13. G

Where did the G50 tranny lube go, whats the new replacement

Ok, I am gearing up for a clutch change and a bunch of seals on the tranny. Went to the dealer to stock up on G50 and says they dont carry it any longer. I checked impex the list something as compatible with G50 ( g005000) Dealer says G52 is being used now, after searching the forums, and...
  14. G

Clutch replacement kit aka beating a dead horse

Sorry for for the post, I searched all previous threads, lots of conflicting information. Clutch just started slipping at 210,000 miles, was teaching gf to drive stick, dont think she did it in, had a feeling it was on its way out. My questions: I need a clutch kit with all the trimings...
  15. G

Did B5 come with manual trans and or 4 motion in USA?

Hi All, My B4 is getting a bit long in the tooth and considering a replacement. Did VW send any B5 or B6 TDI passats with mauals trans and/or 4 motion? Thanks Glenn
  16. G

control arm bushing orientation

Hi, I just got my lower control arm bushings (rear) for the front of the car from tdiparts (Meyle). My question is the orientation. There is a dimple that the triangle on the new bushing lines up with, but there are 2 different half moon shape cut outs. not sure which one faces where. The...
  17. G

What yrs were the PD engines used?

need to buy a new used tdi , my 96 passat is looking a little long in the tooth. I have been doing some lurking and It seems that I am not too interested in the PD engine. what years where the PD engines used. Interested in something pre or post PD, thanks Glenn
  18. G

Proper motor mounts for 96 Passat TDI

Havent been here in awhile, car has been running awesome with nearly 200k. The motor has been flopping around quite a bit, even broke a flex joint. It is time for motormounts. I know there are many posts but nothing too recent. It seems that some low quality chinese stuff is out there. I...
  19. G

IP Leak and IQ setting

Just to share some info and a question. I have a 96 passat tdi with about 180000 miles on it. IP started leaking, mostly on start but stopped when warm. While on a 5000 mile trip i noticed the fuel not just leaking, but flowing. I managed to get home, I researched the job. I had considered...
  20. G

FS: 97 Jetta TDI

I have a 1997 Jetta TDI , green Metallic beige interior for sale. 163,600 Miles. Located in Villa Park Illinois. Car has low compression on #2 cyl smokes and runs rough when cold at idle. Needs engine work. Drives great, stong turbo, good brakes. PIAA Driving lights, Blk Htr, Cruise...