Search results

1. #2isgreen

Found my Unicorn

Folks on this thread - I'm gearing up to sell the wagon as soon as I can remember how to post photos. Anyone interested please pm me.
  2. #2isgreen

Found my Unicorn

Few more things off my checklist, windows tinted, no budget for rims but plasti dipped hub caps, new pads and rotors all the way around, and got the radio working. I've got an email out to Rocketchips to get the tune ordered up, we previously discussed RC2. Got a check engine light last week...
  3. #2isgreen

Found my Unicorn

I wanted to give an update on my rig. A week or two into daily driving I started to get a fuel system related failure. The car would run rough, and stall. There is another thread on the details. Lucky for my I'm not too far from Oliver - TorqueJunkie - so we decided to let him take a look...
  4. #2isgreen

Sitting on the side of the road (again)

700 miles ago and again today - 8 miles before today's event.
  5. #2isgreen

Thats what i was thinking too. I've made it home and time to start investigating. Fuel level is above 3/4 tank. The when the engine was willing to run it would idle/coast fine but when in gear it was like having an exhaust brake engaged even when trying to accelerate. Couldn't build RPM and...
  6. #2isgreen

While I wait for the AAA truck I'll post up my latest issue. Last weekend while driving 65 on the highway, my B4 lost power, could not maintain speed and has visible blue smoke out the back. I limped to an off ramp and shut the engine off. After a few minutes I tried to start - tool a long...
  7. #2isgreen

Found my Unicorn

Awesome thanks. Send a PM if you find it.
  8. #2isgreen

Found my Unicorn

Awesome thanks!!
  9. #2isgreen

Found my Unicorn

Yep, this is the part i'm looking for. If anybody has one please PM me, happy to pay a fair price. Thanks everyone!!
  10. #2isgreen

Found my Unicorn

Hey dude! Small world.
  11. #2isgreen

Found my Unicorn

Searching for a abs and parking brake dash light cover. It looks like a snap on button cover. I've searched local yards and eBay with no luck, seems like theee have all gone missing. Anybody have a source?
  12. #2isgreen

Found my Unicorn

No I wasn't prepared with a new gasket. Are there better manifolds that swap on direct fit?
  13. #2isgreen

Found my Unicorn

Did some EGR work today and fixed my leaky ECU hose. My heart stopped for a few minutes when it wouldn't start back up. Crancked for a minute or two and she fired up rough. I think some carbon found it's way into the valves. Running fine now and no CEL.
  14. #2isgreen

Found my Unicorn

Cut and capped fuel line to 5th injector today. Brass and fuel rated thread tape. Next up: replacing the ecu hose. CEL is on and shop I got it from says code is: 65535 - Internal Control Module Memory Error
  15. #2isgreen

Found my Unicorn

Is this skid plate really the only option for B4's?? https://www.evolutionimport.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=A3004a&CartID=1 I wish shipping was less. My car is missing the belly pan and i'm sure the aerodynamics are worth spending $$ on a new one.
  16. #2isgreen

Found my Unicorn

Plastic
  17. #2isgreen

Found my Unicorn

Heck yeah!!! Not building a dragster obviously, but I had RC 1+ on my 06 Jetta and that thing was plenty zippy. Aiming for somewhere similar. Did my ventectomy last night. Need to go get tags for this thing. Be peobibly driven two miles of up and down my driveway.
  18. #2isgreen

Found my Unicorn

I was at the DC fest! Had my 06 tuned that day by Jeff. I don't understand your question about e codes?
  19. #2isgreen

Found my Unicorn

Lol, wish I had seen this post yesterday evening when I did the fuel filter. Much easier to prime it with a fuel pump!! I just took the supply off and dumped fuel in. Does the 1Z have any reputation for starving the IP? Is it less capable of maintaining fuel pressure if I were to add...
  20. #2isgreen

Found my Unicorn

I'll be establishing a maintenance baseline this evening after work. First item on the list is doing the diesel purge. Iv'e done this 4 other times with various vehicles, usually I need to pull the fuse for the fuel pump. It looks like this ALH doesn't have a lift pump?? Does the poor little...