Search results

1. U

Installation Hitch- Becker Radio and CD Changer

I've finally done it. I finally installed my Becker Mexico 2340 radio and Silverstone 2660 CD changer in my 1998 Jetta. I forgot what it felt like to listen to CDs in my car. It's been beautiful. The only hitch is that the radio resets itself everytime I start (or stop) the engine and I have...
  2. U

Constant Power Loss

Leading up to my situation; I filled up at my usual station, turned the key in the ignition and noticed the engine immediately surge and the RPMs spike - although nothing was touching the peddel. The vehicle has not been the same since. Going up a local mountian was unbearable. I took it to a...
  3. U

I Smell Bologna

I want to make sure my vehicle is properly diagnosed. Without a VAG-COM tool, I know that would be difficult, but in my situation, hopefully not impossible. Here's the deal, I have a 1998 VW Jetta TDI with 111,000 miles. Everything was running smoothly (other than my fuel consumption seemed...
  4. U

VAG-COM Tool

I'd like to know if anyone has a VAC-COM tool in the Middle Tennessee area (Murfreesboro/Nashville) I can borrow. My ECU went out and in order to replace it, I will need the tool. Thanks.
  5. U

Control Unit is Shot

The check engine light on my 1998 Jetta TDI came on over the weekend. I took it to the dealer to have them run a diagonistic. They "found" the code for the control unit faulty and decided to clear it. I go about 70 miles of a 180 mile commute when everything goes haywire - the check engine...