Search results

1. D

Festiva TDI possibilities

You could also just go for the TDI into 2dr mk1 rabbit swap. Curb weight is pretty similar to the mk1 fiesta.
  2. D

Another MK1 Rabbit Truck TDI project!

Thanks for the info regarding the bracket. I made the same mod to my 1.5 mount. Looks like I'll be running my mk1 alternator and AC.
  3. D

CCV Breather Hose Block Connector: Part # or Block Off?

Thanks for the info -- didn't realize it was all considered one piece/part number. Is there any disadvantage to just blocking off the port on the block? I'm guessing that's what people have done to mod for a catch can like in the CCV mod thread...
  4. D

CCV Breather Hose Block Connector: Part # or Block Off?

I am prepping an AHU to be swapped into my '79 Rabbit and noticed that the CCV breather hose block connector is cracked (part number 1 above). I can't seem to find a part number for this piece anywhere. I'm thinking another option is to just block off the return passage using an IDI plate and...
  5. D

Does your passenger side mount use the stock positioning? It looks like the holes are there for it on the block once you cut back the TDI engine cover plate?
  6. D

Did you use the MK1 radiator? What about ABS? Looks like the MK1 brake stuff(?) Thanks, Billy
  7. D

Thanks for posting so many images of your project. I'm about to start on this process with my '79 2dr Rabbit (using old-style AC, etc.) and it's going to be helpful.