Search results

1. S

2002 Golf and sudden low power

My 2000 jetta did the same thing about a month or so ago. No code, no power, shut it off, restart, ran fine. Then about 3 days later, while blowing the smoke out of it, lost power again. This time with a code. After the third time I decided to d something. It was an overboost code, so I cleaned...
  2. S

Another Manual Tranny gear oil question

Thanks Diedeldorf. I have been searching all day for something on this. I'll look for that post.
  3. S

Another Manual Tranny gear oil question

I'm going to change out the lube in the tranny, and the dealer has G 060 726 A2 gear oil. they say it replaces the G 50. But i cannot find anything about this stuff anywhere! Before i go putting this in, do i trust the dealer on this? I have looked all over for this P/N, and have found nothing.
  4. S

Timing Belt Replace in Pontiac IL.

I'll send him your Link...I'm in Missouri, otherwise i'd go do it for him... thanks Jason..
  5. S

Timing Belt Replace in Pontiac IL.

Anyone out there that can doa TB replace in Pontiac, IL area? I have a friend with a 2002 Jetta i think, with 87,xxx on it. I'm trying to get him to join the forum...but he has a job that during the day ..no surfing.... I looked on the Mechanics By state thread...no one in IL at all... thanks
  6. S

my timing belt fiasco

I had left my cam alignment tool on when i tried to turn it by hand after doing my TB....bent the tool, but didn't mess up the cam..i was lucky...
  7. S

Cross-threaded bolt

ok...got the timing straightened out! I turned the bolt clockwise about1/8 inch and lo and behold I was right on 64 in block 2 and 142 in block 9! so i got lucky! I just figured i was doing something wrong. I never thought the thing would even start that far out of whack!
  8. S

Cross-threaded bolt

I found the timing procedure on the site. It says to go to measuring blocks, select group 000 and then to Basic Settings. when i do this, the glow plug light comes on and i get 000 in the #2 position. Does that sound right? Is the timing that retarded? It runs ok and starts fine. so do i just...
  9. S

Cross-threaded bolt

I changed my timing belt last night on the 2000 Jetta, and in doing so, cross-threaded the bolt that hooks that connects that flexible tube on the bottom of the EGR. does anyone know what size that is so I can tap it and replace the bolt? I looked in the Bentley but no size is given. Next...
  10. S

Vag-Com in St.Louis

I guess i didn't put mine on the list(sorry!) I have one, I live in Elsberry and work in O'fallon, MO. I can certainly do this for you, or watch you do it. (I'll update me on hte VAG-COM listing). i'm up for a GTG in St. Louis! Brian
  11. S

Cat Fuel Filters are SHIPPED!!

Tight, tight! I put a wrench on it and really cranked it. I had it running at the time and you could see the air bubbles stop running through the tube. It didn't move alot, but it's tight! Brian
  12. S

Cat Fuel Filters are SHIPPED!!

I installed my filter yesterday and did have a problem that was MY FAULT! Not a design issue. I guess I may have missed a thread somewhere about really tightening up the banjo fittings. I put the filter on, after filling with PS, and it started right up. Let it run for about 5 minutes, shut it...
  13. S

FS: Pierburg MAF's That fit TDI A4's from GERMANY

FS: Pierburg MAF\'s 4 TDI A4\'s from GERMANY You've got paypal from me.. Thanks for the work in digging these up! Brian
  14. S

Cat Fuel Filter Available Soon.

i'll take one also...how do i get you my info? or shall I say how do you want it?
  15. S

Cat Fuel Filter Available Soon.

Greg, Any status on this yet?
  16. S

1st CEL

Just got my first CEL... 78000 miles..2000 Jetta,,Glow plug 35-10 error. Good thing I had my trusty VAG-Com! Ohmed the plugs, 3 were .7 ohms, and one at 35 ohms. Just ordered 4 new ones from impex! Brian
  17. S

TDI dies 1500 miles from home!

My question is what hapened to the old days when you didn't need to get the tires aired up, the oil changed, the wipers changed, etc, by the dealer to have the warranty honored??!!! And for a dealer to put someone through all of this crap is ridiculous! If they're only talking about $700-800, i...
  18. S

Who has a Vag-com, scan tool, and where?

me too...Elsberry, O'fallon MO. area
  19. S

Tool needed

hey psaboic, You still need to use the VAG-COM? Brian
  20. S

New Struts needed for commuting :Need Advice

So if I was going to by new struts today, and wanted to keep the original springs, and be as stock as possible, with better ride quality of course, what would I go with? What about something like a Monroe system? Are they any good? Is it worth the extra for a bilstein? Thanks