Search results

1. K

Drivers airbag didn't deploy

My sister rear-ended a minivan yesterday in her 2003 Jetta TDI. She was driving by herself. The passenger airbag deployed but the driver airbag did not. I'm not sure about the belt pre-tensioners. The car has never had an accident previously. Can anyone think of a reason why driver airbag didn't...
  2. K

No power at clutch switch when cranking

A 1997 Golf (manual transmission obviously) I am not getting 12v at the clutch switch, so I can't start the car. If I grab a hot 12v wire from anywhere else and touch it to the red/white wire at the clutch switch the car starts no problem. I was hoping the other wire (red) from the clutch switch...
  3. K

Bilstein TC initial impressions

To start with, 2002 Golf TDI with 110,000 miles on original suspension. This weekend I installed Bilstein TC Sport shocks, struts, OEM shock mounts, TT-style rear control arm bushings, and oem front control arm bushings. Still using the original springs. The car handles very nicely through...
  4. K

Radio resets after ignition shuts off

I have a double-din OEM stereo in my 2002 Golf. After I shut off the ignition and wait a good minute or two, my radio resets itself, similarly to what happens when I disconnect the battery (it is off by default, goes to default volume, and reverts to my first memory station). I checked both...
  5. K

ALH differing Inj. Qty. and MAF readings with VCDS

I'm working on a 2000 Jetta TDI that is suffering from reduced power after 2500 rpm. There are no fault codes in the engine and pretty much everything is in spec, except for two things: Actual Injected quantity differs from specified and actual MAF differs from specified. Here are some graphs...
  6. K

MK5 headrests in an MK4?

Does anyone know if the MK5 rear headrests would fit an MK4? I like how the MK5's can be pushed down lower and out of the way vs the tall MK4 rear head rests which constantly bombard upon rear visibility.