Search results

1. D

2009 Jetta TDI 6 speed fix or turn in?

I have a 2009 Jetta TDI 6 speed with 118.5k miles and I am on the fence as to turn it in, get a 2015 fixed TDI, or the get the 2009 TDI fixed. Any advice on this, the 2009 TDI has been problem free (except for the recalls)
  2. D

ABS and brake light go on and off

I have been having this issue with my 1999.5 Jetta TDI: The ABS light will come on, and then go off, and then come back on again. This has been going on for almost 2 years. In the beginning it would just happen when it was cold or damp overnight when I left the car outside, once the car got...
  3. D

Exhaust Flap Sticking Open - Any Problems With That?

I have a 2009 VW Jetta TDI with 6 speed manual transmission and 74,000 miles. The exhaust flap or valve has been sticking open on and off. It usually resets itself, however I have noticed I am getting about 3 to 4 mpg better mileage when the flap is stuck open. I turn the key on and off and use...
  4. D

Windshield Wipers Only Move Slow - What's Up?

Folks: My 1999.5 Jetta wipers had no high speed to answer the heavy rain today. They will work at low speed, and intermittent speed, and when you hold the switch down or use the washer. At high speed they just move a wipe or two and then stop in the middle for about 6 seconds and do it again...
  5. D

Plugged Fuel Filter at 5 F

I got a tankful of ULSD last Tuesday night during a snowstorm. I drove home about 10 miles and parked the car in the garage for 2 days. I took it to work last Thursday when it was below zero F and made it no problem. I took a short trip about 3 miles before lunch when it was about 5 F and on the...
  6. D

99.5 Jetta Trouble Shifting Only Into 5th Gear

I have had trouble shifting into 5th gear. The other 4 gears work fine and I even had some folks at Mark of Diesel's GTG drive my car to see how it shifted. It seems if a take a trip and have it in 5th for a while and then stop at a rest stop, I can shift back into 5th. If I drive it around town...