Search results

1. ndmike88

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

The sticker price on my "Good Clean Diesel Fun. It's What The People Want" 2009 Jetta TDI was $25,918. Taxes,fees and extended warranty ($1,000) brought the total to $28,771. Minus my $7,500 trade and I financed $21,271.
  2. ndmike88

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

I was involved in a minor wreck back in September with my '09 Jetta TDI. The drivers door, mirror, chrome strip around the window and fender were replaced. (Plus paint) Her insurance company paid $3,400. VW parts are expensive. Hope yours isn't totaled but if it is I hope they make you a fair...
  3. ndmike88

That's exactly what the dealer told me. They are on the lot for 10 days tops. They can't get them on their used lot fast enough. Some people just think they know everything.
  4. ndmike88

Dealers here are selling used TDI's as fast as they get them. (according to what the local dealer told me on Saturday).
  5. ndmike88

I would be 100% satisfied with pre dieselgate trade in value. Back in September '15 my Jetta had a KKB value of $9275. Now it's value is $7112 and both Carmax and the dealer have offered to give me a check for $7000. (We haven't driven it much so we have only put on 2,000 miles so the extra...
  6. ndmike88

Whatever VW announces I just they do it soon. Good or bad just announce something.
  7. ndmike88

Why did you buy your TDI?

I bought mine for the MPG and the clean diesel technology.
  8. ndmike88

Just got back from CarMax and the dealer. Both offered $7,000. 2009 Jetta TDI, 58,800 miles, clean carfax, very good condition. The dealer said they haven't heard anything official from VW concerning any buyback.
  9. ndmike88

According to what was posted....the poster said he heard it from his dealer. that it was going to announced shortly. Just passing around what was posted. I sure hope its true. I'd be happy as a clam.
  10. ndmike88

It was posted last week purchase price minus .20 per mile.
  11. ndmike88

For my situation the perfect scenario would be: 1. VW buys back my '09 Jetta 2. Trade in values go back to pre Dieselgate values. We are looking to downsize our vehicles (going from 3 to 2) and I know as it is right now I would get screwed on a trade in IF a dealer would even take it in as a...
  12. ndmike88

IF IF IF a buyback is announced....say you get a check for $10,000. Would you have to pay taxes on that money?
  13. ndmike88

I'm wondering the same thing with my '09 Jetta TDI with 58,500 miles.
  14. ndmike88

In the USA TODAY Money section dated Saturday January 9 2016...... VW TO OFFER UP TO 115,000 DIESEL BUYBACKS. "VW Group could be preparing to buy back as many as 115,000 diesel powered cars in the USA as part of the fallout from its emissions scandal, a German newspaper reports. That number...
  15. ndmike88

We own 3 vehicles. The '09 Jetta TDI (58,500 miles), '12 Honda CR-V (35,000 miles) and a '13 Corvette (8,000 miles). Since we both recently retired we do not need 3 vehicles, but we need a SUV because of our 3 grandchildren. IF VW offered a buyback we would get rid of the Jetta and with...
  16. ndmike88

F/S 2009 TDI 58,000 miles

Reflex Sliver/Anthracite (leatherette)..DSG..Sunroof..Michelin's. Still have the $500 GW card that I will use for any maintenance/accessories you may want. Vehicle is in very good condition. Sold and serviced by dealer. Have all receipts since new. This vehicle has been pampered. Will consider...
  17. ndmike88

#1 son just announced our third grandchild is on the way. We would like to get a 2016 Honda Pilot but I want to wait and see what VW does concerning my 2009 TDI. The TDI is in very good condition with only 59,000 miles. Sold and serviced by the dealer. Anyone want to make me a reasonable offer???
  18. ndmike88

Thanks for the info. If that occurs the Tig might be on my list of vehicles to look at when I (if) decide to trade the Jetta.