Search results

1. S

Matt Phelan/Matt-98AHU now wrenching in San Anselmo

Bump for Matt. If anyone living in the Bay Area or for that matter Northern California needs TDI help, take your car here! It's worth the drive. Matt fixed a coolant leak and did a brake bleed for me a few weeks ago. It's so great to see Official Matt - there's even paperwork, a lift, and...
  2. S

WTB: Whispbar Roof Rack for 03 TDi 4D

Hi I am looking to buy a Whispbar Roof rack for my 03 TDI 4door. If you have accessories, let's discuss! Will pay for shipping and/or pick up near the Bay Area in California.
  3. S

Central California TDI service available--can travel to you!"

If you are seriously considering moving up, I'll help set up a kickstarter page and I'm sure we can get tons of people on here to chip in a few bucks to cover your startup costs.
  4. S

Tips on tinting wanted...

Get the llumar ctx film. It's better but pricey (~$400). Try computerized tinting in San Jose. The other shops listed above don't to my knowledge have it.
  5. S

GTG May 5-6th -South San Jose

Now that I have some boots, no help is needed... everything is possible WITH NO HANDS!
  6. S

Yeah Baumeister, Matt's going to bring his Diesel Geek tool and help me out next time he's up in the bay--maybe we can use your driveway if he makes it out to Sacramento? Yeah, Zippy thanks again for hosting! I'd like to contribute some cash to the Bay Area GTG slush fund... Zippy, can you...
  7. S

Made it home! Could have been a lot worse--I drank 3 beers, ate a few hot dogs and left with my oil pan in one piece. Plus I learned some great strategies for defiling livestock.
  8. S

I should be there around 1-1:30 w/ beer
  9. S

Thanks for organizing Zippy! Can you also add in a skidplate install to my job queue for Matt? All in all, a replacement roller+skid plate install won't likely take more than an hour or so if everything goes as expected.
  10. S

How normal is this, video attached

I wish the birds were always like that in the morning for me
  11. S

Trusted Mechanic in Seattle area for clutch job

Let's just put it this way: OldPoopie will let you watch and take you through anything he's doing to your car. He'll also let you know about things you should be looking out for based on what he sees...
  12. S

NAPA timing kit( ASC Industries( WPK-0069))

The ASCTeahTeam should realize that brand management is more than just realizing that people are talking about you. It's about the actual product you provide...
  13. S

Trusted Mechanic in Seattle area for clutch job

Old poopie is the best, 1st person account. Matt from zahntech I've heard is good.
  14. S

I have a squeaky upper roller from a previous TB install that I want Matt to check out. Put me down for Saturday AM-ish. I know that doesn't pay the bills for Matt, but I'll bring some beer.
  15. S

New Hella ecode high beams not working?

Seatman should have them stock, indeed. We only get dots over here.
  16. S

That's what it indeed was. I didn't want to fool wih my steering wheel first since that is a PITA so I checked the fuses and they were BOTH out. Go figure! At least I'm really good at disassembling and reassembling my bumper. Thanks seatman!
  17. S

Okay. Weird. I re-installed one of the old headlamp assemblies for troubleshooting purposes and the high beams don't work there either. Now I'm starting to think it's a fuse or the stock. The dash light doesn't go on either... any ideas?
  18. S

Cool thanks seatman that's a good idea. I'll try that tomorrow when it's light out
  19. S

When I pull the stock back, doesn't work either. I pulled the connectors off the dummy plugs and connected them to the H1s. Both high beam's are non functional, so I'm pretty sure it isn't a pinched wire like the guy from vortex.