Search results

1. B

Should I get this tire plugged

And your preaching about being safe? I am a professional high performance tyre technician and the advice to put the new tyres on the rear of a vehicle, regardless of drivetrain, is quite correct. I've seen some of the research statistics that were carried out, over ten years worth of accident...
  2. B

will PD injectors fit in my non PD engine?

well thats quite interesting then. "they" told me it would be more cost-effective to specifically use a PD160 turbo and injectors from an ibiza. Thought it was wierd. Thanks for clearing that up guys. I think I will be doing my origional plan of getting a PD150 turbo hybrid'd, but I am open to...
  3. B

well yeah I am really. I didnt think the PD injectors would work! This was a reputable tuning place that told me that?! I'm just after more power in general, I want the most cost effective way of reaching 200bhp, or as close as possible by next year if that makes sense? I dont want to spend x...
  4. B

First off Hello, Im new to the forum but have been trying to find out as much info as I can though searching and reading what other people have done. I just wanted a second opinion on weither or not PD injectors will work in a non PD engine? I am planning a big turbo conversion within the next...
  5. B

6/10/05 updated*Newbies Cumulative Info Links

I was wondering if PD TDI injectors work in my non PD engine? I'm thinking about getting a hybrid turbo conversion done, and somebody told me I could just save a bit of money and install a PD160 turbo and injectors to my engine (out of a Seat Ibiza) and expect to reach around 190bhp with a...
  6. B

Frequently asked Questions

would PD TDI injectors work in my non PD engine? I'm thinking about getting a hybrid turbo conversion done, and somebody told me I could just save a bit of money and install a PD160 turbo and injectors to my engine and expect to reach around 190bhp with a decent map? A FMIC would probably be...
  7. B

--> Frequently asked Questions <--

would PD TDI injectors work in my non PD engine? I'm thinking about getting a hybrid turbo conversion done, and somebody told me I could just save a bit of money and install a PD160 turbo and injectors to my engine and expect to reach around 190bhp with a decent map? A FMIC would probably be...
  8. B

Champagne performance on a beer budget

I just liked the idea of being able to dump a load of smoke on someone.. Any other ideas then?
  9. B

Ok. So i think ive connected everything up in the right place, but I'm not convinced that its working? I was expecting a lot of smoke but there dosnt seem to be any difference. The car has already been remapped, has a drilled and smoothed airbox and a mufflerectomy. What do you mean by the...
  10. B

Ok cool, im gonna try this again today, gonna get some scotch locks, but i can only get hold of either a 1K pot or a 4K7 Pot. Will the 4k7 adjust far enough down? or does it mean from &k to 4K is its range? Also the Pots I have have a 3rd leg i pressume to ground them, do i need to ground it or...
  11. B

then just connect it back together? and is scotch lock just like electrical tape? thanks
  12. B

Do you have a picture of how it installs? Im in the garage now looking at the car, ive unplugged the 10 pin harness, but now im confused on how im meant to bridge the pins? sorry for sounding retarded, i just dont want to break it lol
  13. B

Im attempting to do this mod now. I could only get hold of a 1K pot will this be okay? Also, when you say "bridge pins 2 and 3" what EXACTLY do you do? Do you put one end of the Pot on pin 2, and the other on Pin 3 and still connect them back up? Im doing this on an 2003 Seat Leon TDI, its...
  14. B

turning up the boost.

Hi Im also new on here, and Im quite interested by this subject. Ive got a remapped 110TDI myself, and if i put my foot down, boost guage reads around 22psi, then drops back down to around 15psi, even if I'm gunning it. Basicly, is this normal? car is running pretty much stock, apart from...
  15. B

AndyPandys Sender Mod, can give VAG HP at high rev.

i figured it out in the end lol It has made a noticeable difference, quite surprised really. Car seems alot more eager throughout the entire rev band, but especially over 3K rpm. Engine seems quicker to pull, under load, above 3K rpm where as it was slower before the mod. Very pleased, and as...
  16. B

no, i know how to get it out and everything. I mean how do u disasemble it, how do you take the top part off that moves? Just pull? ( i have the sender unit out of the car)
  17. B

how do you disassemble the sender to drill the hole through??
  18. B

hey im new here :) i found this via the UK seatcupra website, and have been looking though all the info for a few days. Does anybody happen to have a photo of how they did theres? I have a 1K Potentiometer, like 10m of wire, and a red LED. Do i need anything else, how do you make them turn...
  19. B

Boost gauge installation with pics !

Could I use this procedure on my ASV engine as I also want a boost gauge