Search results

1. itchytweed

PRNDS flashing with 2nd mechatronic problem

Haven't been on the board in ages but I thought that I would troll on my issue. Gretchen has had an issue where it seems that in the odd gears, the car would go into neutral for a brief moment and reengage under full power. This was always unannounced. The latest escapade was that in the odd...
  2. itchytweed

(Former) 9W2 owners rejoice! Class Action Settlement

Just had mine put in today. Paired right up and works just fine. Not having the address book come up on the MFD is not a dealbreaker but having the voice commands is far better and safer, at least to me, since I don't have a ton of names in my directory.
  3. itchytweed

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

It will be interesting to see how bad the Isaac price gouge will be today here in SE WI. Any excuse to raise prices & make a killing.
  4. itchytweed

wisc tdi owners

Since I have owned Gretchen, she has been fed a steady diet of Power Service. At 40,000 miles, when I personally did the big service, there were no sparklies in the fuel filter, and I have the questionable HPFP model. I realize that there are the two kinds of PS but I have been running White all...
  5. itchytweed

What did you do to your car today?

Gretchen rolled over 41,000 miles. Decided to do a Transmission/Clutch Adaptation run. Ya know, should of done it a long time ago when I found myself working the right foot to get the clutch to behave. Now, it's drop brake, mash go pedal, clutch drops like a rock in, ...SMOKUM! Memo to self...
  6. itchytweed

Gretchen got her 40,000 done today by me. Engine oil and filter, DSG trans oil and filter, fuel filter (no sparklies found!!), cabin air filter, engine air filter, rotated tires, cleaned off battery top and posts.
  7. itchytweed

Got the stuff in to do the 40,000 on Gretchen. Now do it this weekend or next?
  8. itchytweed

Not what I did to Gretchen but washed and waxed my wife's brand new 2010 Kia ForteECO EX four-door. With regards to Gretchen - need to get with IBW and crew to get a "care package" for her 40,000 mile service and a day of love up on the risers.
  9. itchytweed

A bit OT - I get paid to deal with stupid professionals. I don't volunteer to work with them. I deal with this kind of idiocy all the time, and even though this case does not directly affect me, I am really angry to see it happen to others. I read the post to my wife and the first words out of...
  10. itchytweed

I would not have complained if it said refund for previous purchase of 9W7. I have seen too many "settlements" where the claimants get a "refund" amounting to a pittance and not the utility price of the shortage.
  11. itchytweed

Slightly OT ... I wonder if the cluehammer has hit home with VW - this issue, the HPFP, IC icing, exhaust flap issue, or are they thicker than a brick?
  12. itchytweed

Just paid $3.699/gal D2 at KwikTrip Waukesha, WI
  13. itchytweed

Went on a road trip with Gretchen with her new summer rims ...
  14. Gretchen with new wheel rims

Gretchen with new wheel rims

Gretchen at EB I-94 Lighthouse rest stop in western Michigan
  15. itchytweed

EGR problems 2010 jetta

@jeff.zienk - I just had Gretchen into the shop for the P047F issues ( under warranty :D ) and I had to wait for VW to ship one in from Germany as there appears to be a run on that valve (hmmm..maybe redesign going on ala HPFP redesigns...). As an added winner, the dealer had two other cars roll...
  16. itchytweed

Got my new rims (Sport Tuning T6) and put them onto the OE Hankook tires, which will have to be replaced in the fall, and installed them. Will post a pix when I clean up Gretchen as she is being a pollen magnet right now and looks yellow-blue at the moment.
  17. itchytweed

10 JSW P047F P048A N/C fix without vag-com

Sorry for the late update on this but I got the car back earlier (!!!) than promised. Haven't had a chance to look underneath and see what was done but so far, so good.
  18. itchytweed

Power service - How much are you adding?

8 oz PS / tank full + 4 oz 2-EHN / tank full. No problems at all starting or running. Even when sitting out at -10 F all day long, Gretchen starts right up and takes off like nobody's business.
  19. itchytweed

Some stations are back upside down here west of Milwaukee. That won't last long and D2 will be more expensive than RUG.