Search results

1. turbocharged798

ALH generator for home standby.

So this has been a project I wanted to do for a long time and last blackout makes me really want to go forward with it. So I have an ALH available that I can use for this project. My plan is to remove the turbo and run it N/A since I do not need a 90HP generator for my home. Also I would like to...
  2. turbocharged798

Gasser to TDI swap in NY, inspection nightmare. Any NY inspectors out there?

So I am posting this to see if anybody else has ran into this problem. I did a gasser to ALH TDI swap on a 1999.5 Jetta shell. Was originally 2.slo manual. Didn't really think about the emission side of things until I went to try and get it inspected and do the OBD emission check. Here's the...
  3. turbocharged798

Replacement Carpet

So I have 99.5 Jetta I am rebuilding and at the time I got it replacement carpet from the dealer was available and reasonably prices. Well now they are telling me its discontinued. Tried a local junkyard and carpet there was so bad that I left it. Infested with bugs and dirt and just worn out...
  4. turbocharged798

Best tool for reading/writing EDC15

I have been doing some of my own remapping using VAGEDCsuite and in the past I have only done MSA15 with chips and a programmer but now want to step up to OBD flashing with later EDC15 ECUs. What's the best tool for this? Seem like a lot of people like MPPS but the prices are absurd on real...
  5. turbocharged798

Immo3 cluster in 99.5 car, no CCM communications.

I'm kinda at wits end here. Long story short I have a 99.5 gasser shell with the gasser body harness, an 03 ALH ECU and engine harness, IMMO3 cluster and CAN airbag controller(swapped all the pins over). Had to make an adapter harness for the plug by the headlight. On the engine side of things...
  6. turbocharged798

ALH leaky pump, can you replace this seal?

So l replaced all the seals on my 420K mile pump sucessfully a while back but it just started dumping fuel out of the seal on the cap between the injector line outlets as outlined below. Can I safely remove this cap and replace the seal under it?
  7. turbocharged798

Any experiences with X-man VNT 17/26?

Price seems too good to be true? https://www.xmanturbos.com/product-page/1-9tdi-alh-garrett-gt1752v-aka-17-26-180-210bhp-bolt-on-hybrid-turbocharger?currency=USD
  8. turbocharged798

VCDS "controller uses unknown protocol" in swapped 99.5 Jetta.

So I have a 99.5 2.slo gasser jetta that got an 02 ALH engine and an 03 engine harness, ECU, and cluster. Still using the 99.5 body harness. Went to try and connect with VCDS and get this weird error code:"controller uses unknown protocol. Protocol keyword: $F2F2". Now I know that 99.5 cars use...
  9. turbocharged798

WTB MK4 front door window weatherstripping

Looking for the section of window track/weather stripping that goes on the front doors of MK4 cars. Either golf of jetta should work. Mine is cracked and shot and OEM is like $200 each. Thanks!
  10. turbocharged798

Wonder why this 03 Golf has no power...

I'll just leave this here. Never seen one this bad before. Can't even fit your pinky in there.o_O
  11. turbocharged798

No brainer main bearing bolt upgrade for all 1.9 TDIs.

Just figured I would share this, this is the typical 1.9L 1Z/AHU/ALH/BRM/BEW main bolt: https://www.idparts.com/crankshaft-main-bearing-bolt-n90130001-p-1907.html VW part number N90130001. Same part I have been using for YEARS. Grade 10.9 fastener. Its also used on many other gasser 4 cylinder...
  12. turbocharged798

FS 2.0 BHW piston set new.

SOLD! Was going to bore my project ALH out to 2.0L and use these pistons but decided to go another direction. These are Kolbenschmidt 2.0L BHW pistons. Very high quality and complete kit with wrist pin and rings, complete set of four. $500 plus shipping. Thanks.
  13. turbocharged798

GTB2056VL build questions.

This should be a fun one, have a core ALH engine, a rust free gasser Mk4 shell, and picked up a GTB2056VL off ebay uk for $300 delivered to my door. Came off some diesel volvo of sorts. From what I have been reading, its one of the best all around turbos for these engines out there. My plan is...
  14. turbocharged798

BRM/MK5 ECU, engine harness, and go pedal.

Was planning to convert my MK5 gasser to diesel but desired to go with a MK4 instead. So have some parts I was collecting to convert it. Shipping included to lower 48 unless otherwise specified. All prices are OBO. BRM ECU, PN 03G 906 016AC. Also have wire harness to go with it. $125 for the...
  15. turbocharged798

Rotella T6 Synthetic in 15W40, uhm what?

Just noticed that our local walmart is now carrying Rotella T6 synthetic in 15W40, what moron came up with this idea?:confused: Isn't one of the strong selling points of a synthetic is good cold flow properties...
  16. turbocharged798

Test run E-ALH with no ECU.

So long story short, I have acquired another ALH engine for really cheap as a core. So far it looks like a decent run-able engine. So I got thinking about this and in theory, I would need to do is put +12 the IP shutoff, and a few volts to the Q/A. The advanced solenoid would be pinned at...
  17. turbocharged798

Has anyone done subframe bushings?

First time doing subframe bushings...bought Rein replacements. I thought they were very cheap(like $5 a piece). Made in china of course, stinks like cheap rubber too. Removing old ones was easy, just hammered on them and they fell right out. Trying to put in the new Rein ones on the other hand...
  18. turbocharged798

1000W frostheater thermostat question

Long story short, I got a 1000W frost heater that was used unknown condition. Was cracked from plain water being left in it but I have repaired that with brazing rod. I tested it by filling it with water and plugged it in. Will boil the water in it in less than a minute. Aren't they supposed to...
  19. turbocharged798

Replacement heater core leaking after 3 years.

I need to rant. The original heater core in my 99.5 failed sometime around fall of 2014. Replaced it with an OEM one directly from VW. Well, starting to notice that all too familiar sweet smell again in the mornings. This blows. :mad: Any thoughts on why it only lasted three years? Been using...
  20. turbocharged798

Unraveling the MK4 lamp mystery (cross reference chart)

Figured I would share this chart I made, this came about because finding proper MK4 replacement lamps can be difficult. And as we know, these cars always need replacements. So I sat down and started doing research. It turns out that for whatever reason VW engineers decided to use really short...