Search results

1. B

Midwest Light Creations- HID Headlights and Retrofit Kits (Headlights by Jeff)

I reached out through his site and got an email back a couple weeks ago. I replied and haven't heard back yet, but I am not in a hurry to get lights built. I am sure this is a busy time of year for everyone, so hopefully Jeff is available in the new year.
  2. B

SOLD: Heavily Modified 2005 4-door Golf TDI

I can understand. We have a 2005 wagon that I got from Steve, and it is a great car. It had low miles, but the interior was trashed. It was a repossessed vehicle and apparently the PO decided to send it back to the lender in bad shape. Well, of course Steve has plenty of donors, so we stripped...
  3. B

Sounds like something Chris would say. I appreciate the unbiased impression after seeing it in person, and I am sure others eyeing this car do too. It is a good vehicle, and I have tried to do it justice by maintaining it well. That is part of the reason my asking price is high. However, I...
  4. B

Thanks, it is definitely fun to drive when it is making boost! So for anyone else that knows Steve, the car is at his shop right now, and will be until we get the turbo actuator replaced. I thought Darkside sent me the correct replacement, but apparently it is not going to bolt right up so...
  5. B

Yes, the Golf is still available. I had a couple of locals interested but nothing serious recently. Let me know if you have any further questions.
  6. B

Here is a bump with a link to the build thread for the transmission in this car. It is probably the best manual transmission I have driven. I will add this to the first post too. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=180541 It's tax time, so this car is probably going to sell soon! ;)
  7. B

I wasn't able to add any more pics to the post with other pics, but here is the engine bay:
  8. IMG_38341

IMG_38341

9. B

Yes, I will add some engine bay pics. I think I have some on my phone I can upload. If you remember David of Driver's Fire from the Haslet area that was selling GTB2260 kits, that is where mine came from. The intercooler piping kits were welded by a coworker of his from a local aircraft...
  10. B

There were a couple people who just missed buying this car when I did, and one tried to buy it from me before I got it off the trailer. However, I don't remember @Sardo_67 being one of them. I drove to Austin during a rare Texas snow storm and towed it home, which was an experience. I have had...
  11. B

PMs replied, and now a bump.
  12. B

Not a weird question, fuel economy indicates how well the car is running. After the PD150 injectors I got from Darkside were installed, it is back to the long run average of ~38 MPG. I explained this in an earlier post, but it varies based on how much highway driving do. All highway is around...
  13. B

Not sure what happened to the images. When I viewed earlier from my phone they did not show but they do now. I can also provide more if needed. I am bringing the Touareg I bought up to date on service, so the Golf is getting booted. I have a good towing vehicle now, so I could always deliver...
  14. B

Thanks, I agree. I am glad to see there are plenty of TDI fans left in TX. I will have to look out for a G2G soon.
  15. B

Thanks! I have definitely enjoyed it. My 5 y/o loves the way it pulls as the turbo spools (with the windows down it sounds like an 18-wheeler :D) and is lobbying against selling it, but he is already getting a bit big for the back seat and the Touareg would be a better fun vehicle for us. I am...
  16. B

Probably not. The Passat is a commuter car; I put about 36K on it in the last 18 months. I have eyed the DSG tunes, but I would wait until the CPO warranty ends before tuning it. If it was a 6-speed I may feel differently. :D I am planning to get a Touareg for weekend fun and road trips. I sold...
  17. B

Looking for mk4 DFW tx area

I have a MK4 Golf that you may be interested in if you want a modified car. Let me know if you have questions after checking it out: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=492049
  18. B

New year, new asking price.
  19. B

The drag strip I ran it on was an 1/8 mile. I think I ran around 9 1/2-10 second passes, but I was logging data after the 2260 install for the tuner and not really focused on posting good times. I never ran it on a track after getting the turbo dialed in, so I am not sure what it would do. It...