Search results

1. dslg60

Corrado/B4 AC problem

My 92 G60 has the slide controls and the B4 has the dials. The Corrado has been swapped to the 1Z and has logged about 30k since but I have never taken the time to set up the AC. At the time of the swap I changed the AC components and wiring over to the B4 setup but never resolved the AC...
  2. dslg60

WTB, transmission control module.

I just bought a 2005 tdi passat for salvage, it belonged to a friend and was totaled due to a flooded tcm, i pulled it appart and cleaned it and now have a driver, its still got issues but ive bought some time until i can find a good used tcm, sooo, has anyone got a good used 3BO 927 156 CF...
  3. dslg60

TPS code 00777

Ok, I'm finally getting back to this after a month of vacation. A while back I had a shudder issue and it was never remedied but also developed a high idle, and a flashing glow plug light but no CEL. I checked for codes and found the above mentioned 00777 Implausible signal TPS. I went about...
  4. dslg60

Yay! Now it shudders.

Over the last six months I have developed a shudder at about 2100 RPM. Most noticable in fifth gear but I think present in all gears. This has only become obvious in the last month or so since the freeway I drive to work daily was closed all summer. I know there have been threads about this...
  5. dslg60

another mount question

I took my car in to the local frame shop and had it put ip on the lift to investigate a mystery clunk. They gave me a list of stuff to fix (all of which had already been done within 15k) that included the front engine mount. He explained to me that the mount had settled and grabbed in by the...
  6. dslg60

Rough cold start

My dad and I just returned from a 2700mi trip to DC in his 96 B4. The car ran terrific and got great mileage (51 on the way there and 30ish on the way home towing a 19ft catamaran). We stayed a couple of nights in hotels and one of the mornings I drove first shift. When I started the car in...
  7. dslg60

accessory belt tensioner bushings?

I recently changed the belt tensioner, roller, and arm. The old arm showed quite a bit of wear where it passes through the accessory bracket. I cleaned up the area and pumped some grease into the bracket. After reassembly I didn't think much more about it. Yesterday I replaced my right rear...
  8. dslg60

IC tubing

I am looking at replacing my tubes and I'm curious what other people have done and suppliers for parts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  9. dslg60

Black smoke and temorary loss of power.

So, this morning on the way to work I decided to stomp on it and watch my smoke. I recently changed nozzles and reset timing and IQ. I was pulling through second gear and all of a sudden there was a belch of black smoke and a temporary loss of power. I thought the car died but a blip of the...
  10. dslg60

bubbles and hard start

I know this has been talked to death an I apologize but... After I reviewed as many posts about this I could I found none exactly like mine. My swap is 96 B4 to 92 Corrado G60. I have bubbles and hard starts like everyone else but the problem only occurs after 450 mi on a tank. Up untill now I...
  11. dslg60

another Corrado TDI

I have been driving this car daily for several months and nearly 9k now. It got as low as 33mpg at winters coldest here in MN. Mpg has been creeping up as the temp does the same and now I seem to be getting about 40-43 in town. A recent short trip test at 60mph yielded 55mpg! All in all I'm...
  12. dslg60

oily tubes

My dad has a 96 b4 with 200+k. We noticed while cleaning the intake that his intercooler tubes were very wet with oil. I suggested a turbo rebuild is probably in his not to distant future. Are there any other likely causes for this? I rebuilt mine and it wasn't a big deal at all so we'll do his...
  13. dslg60

wiring issues

I am chasing the last gremlins of my 1z/corrado swap and after staring at my bentley manual every night for what seems like eternity I figured i'd ask for help. I have two or three things left that are as follows. 1, last night I got my cruise control functioning but I still don't seem to have...
  14. dslg60

ecu questions

Is anyone aware of any list of ecu part numbers and the vehicles they were available in? I have a 1z with a bk ecu and someone suggested swapping to an fa ecu. I'm new to this stuff and I'm not sure where to look for info about compatability and pros and cons of any such swap. thanks, Jason.
  15. dslg60

obd ll not speaking to me.

I recently "completed" a swap from a 96 passat t a 92 G60 corrado. The car has a few issues and I intend to buy the vag-com cord to test it. At the time of the swap I didn't swap in the diagnostic port. I have since done this but have only tested it with a hand held Mac Tools scanner and it does...
  16. dslg60

1z vibration

I have a 92 corrado w/ a 1z tdi conversion. In the process of converting it I had the timing belt, water pump and all related seals replaced. I also replaced the motor mounts. When I got it started it had a vibration at idle that goes away as rpm increase or at least lessens. I next replaced the...