Search results

1. Derrel H Green

SoCal Show and Shine, Wrenching, Dyno GTG June 20, 2015

Wasted time Left the GTG very disappointed, but what could I have expected? :confused: No one cares about what a good machine the Cruze is, so why should I be concerned about all the Cruze bashing that goes on here at Fred's anyway? I know about the car and let all of those who DO NOT carry...
  2. Derrel H Green

Muchos Gratis (SP?) Thanks for the landline chat! :D See you manana. :p Regards, Derrel
  3. Derrel H Green

Availability Just a short one. ? ? ? :confused: Are there any dyno slots still available? :confused: Regards, Derrel Got a 'new' diesel and simply want to verify its' power. I know it's late. Would someone please notify me by landline at 951 834-0433?
  4. Derrel H Green

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Going Down Paid $2.799 yesterday at the local Arco station in Wildomar near Lake Elsinore. That is way below the Costco station in Temecula that has D2 at $3.259. Love it and I hope this trend continues. :) Regards, Derrel
  5. Derrel H Green

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

I love it :D Here in Temecula, CA. at Costco, D2 went down to $3.339 from $3.559 a few days ago. There is one Arco nearby that is lower, but when you factor in the 3 percent you get back at the end of the year, the Costco price is lowest by far. They added D2 there two months ago. Costco...
  6. Derrel H Green

TDIClub Secret Society of Benz Owners (SSBO)

Like Brand New Best car I ever had, and at 78 years old, I have had a few. Got mine three years ago with 108K on it then; Now has 168K. Simply gets better and better with every mile driven. Dynoed 384 to 386 ft/lbs torque to the rear wheels / 211 hp rwhp. Like you say, will run 800 miles...
  7. Derrel H Green

TDIClub Secret Society of Benz Owners (SSBO)

Did it Yourself :) Maybe I could have tackled that job myself, but it looked to be a rather difficult job and I 'chickened' out! Might have saved the $255 I spent for labor at my independent shop. Mine let go at 132,425 miles. BTW, I like to read your notes on Fuelly. Why did you stop...
  8. Derrel H Green

?Type/Brand Oil for 2012 Jetta TDI sportwagon

Price Changed? :) I was paying $6.65 by the quart for Mobil 1 Formula M, but the last time I was at the dealer, I was told that there was a price change coming, so WHO KNOWS what it is now. I did not know that you could buy Formula M in five (5) quarts jugs. Will have to ask the next time...
  9. Derrel H Green

HPFP Failure in V6 TDI, or only in 2.0 CR?

Oh No :) Please NO . . say it is not so! No one has heard from him since 12/11. Don't recall his name, but I believe he was from Oxford Ohio. :confused: :D DHG
  10. Derrel H Green

Trip Computer mechanism

Not Likely :) No. If they have, I have not heard of it! People who know their way around a VCDS can adjust it for much greater accuracy. The same may be done for the speedomter/odometer to correct for different size wheels. :D DHG
  11. Derrel H Green

Best MPG for Station Wagen with DSG.

What's to Figure? :) That's why I said I wanted to talk over the phone. What can't you figure out? Which number entry are you asking about? #32? If that is the one where I got only 37.4 MPG, check out the date! When we go to Vegas, I always go at least the speed limit and usually faster. No...
  12. Derrel H Green

Best MPG for Station Wagen with DSG.

Yes Indeed You Most Certainly Can :) Yes, you most certainly can! :cool: I did it regularly with our 2010 JSW TDI with DSG. View my Fuelly entries for our '10 JSW for 43K miles over a period of 22 months! 'Course, I used a few tricks, but anyone can do that also. Mostly, It is how you...
  13. Derrel H Green

Real World MPG with DSG

Differences in Fuel Economy :) Had a 2010 JSW TDI with DSG. View my Fuelly. Drove it over 43K miles in 22 months. Don't think anyone got better F E with their JSW with DSG, but those who had the 2010 and later JSWs with a manual 6MT could and did IF they knew how to drive 'em. Why you may...
  14. Derrel H Green

RAFFLE: Support Oilhammer - Win a prize!

You WON :) Do NOT despair. You're a winner! Congratulations. :D DHG
  15. Derrel H Green

Fund Raiser for Oilhammer

My Little Bit :) As usual, I'm always 'a day late and a dollar short', but a small check will be on its way tomorrow. My friend and I were chatting about 23:00 hours Thursday and he pointed out to me Brians' difficulties. I knew what was the right thing to do. I only wish I could give...
  16. Derrel H Green

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

Why oh Why :) . . . did you ever sell it? :confused: Note what I am driving now. View my Fuelly below. Check my fuel economy. :D DHG
  17. Derrel H Green

2nd Thursday of each month - Buffalo Wild Wings GTG - Chino Hills

I See . . . :) . . . said the blind man, when in reality, he could not see at all. :eek: So the next regular GTG there will be on March 14th which is the Second Thursday. :confused: :D DHG
  18. Derrel H Green

2nd Thursday of each month - Buffalo Wild Wings GTG - Chino Hills

Was There Thursday Night :) Even though it was the first Thursday of the month, there were a lot of attendees. I suspect that perhaps this gathering occurs on every Thursday night? :confused: Got there at 20:40 myself and there were already lots of people, more than I had ever seen at any...
  19. Derrel H Green

Finally My new Passat TDI SEL arrived .

Makes NO SENSE at ALL :) You may (or may not) recall that we talked about this subject some time ago. ;) I asked why VW would not do the 6 MT set up in the SEL. You replied, but I do not recall exactly what you said. No matter now, as we all now know that are lucky brothers up North get...
  20. Derrel H Green

Mobil ESP oil

Yes, but . . :) That oil is for your ordinary gassers, but NOT FOR ANY LATE DIESELS. :D Derrel H Green