Search results

1. A

RNS-510 purchase advice needed

A friend upgraded his mfd2 to an RNS510. I believe he had a mkv r32. Try vwvortex or vwnavi to get more info. Or just google mfd2 to rns 510 upgrade.
  2. A

p0544 DTC w/ flashing GPL

Ah, did you get that fixed? My light stopped flashing right after I restarted the car. I just got it checked out by a mechanic and he said everything's good to go. No bad bad connections or wires. I will be replacing the hood insulation, though, as I've read that that could cause this DTC to...
  3. A

p0544 DTC w/ flashing GPL

So the glow plug light started flashing. I pull over after a few miles. Turned the car off, turned it back on, GPL is gone. Full power, no noise, no difference, nothing. As if nothing ever happened. Plugged the VAG-COM after a few drives and this is what it said...
  4. A

p0544 Sensor 1 for exhaust temp bank 1 (G235)

So this code (p0544) popped up for me along with the glashing GPL. I turned the car off and restarted after a couple of hours and the flashing GPL is gone. I'm getting a SERVICE NOW warning on the MFD but I think that's for the service interval coming up. Any thoughts? Should the flashing GPL...
  5. A

G235 EGT Sensor Replacement Procedure

My GPL started flashing 2 weeks ago and said "engine fault workshop" on the dash. I pulled over and turned it off. Started it back up and the flashing GPL disappeared. Instead, I get a SERVICE NOW indicator everytime I fire up the engine. No CEL or flashing GPL. No loss of power. Slight MPG...
  6. A

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

Ok, good. I took my car to John a while back and he was great. I had him do an oil change and he seemed like he knew a lot about VW cars in general, TDIs in particular. First issue I had with him was I gave him all the supplies to do an oil change and fuel filter change. However, when I asked...
  7. A

Auto locks getting freaky.

Can't you turn that on/off without VCDS? Just go to thru the menu in the car?
  8. A

MKV JETTA...WHAT ARE YOUR MPGs?

I get around 33-36mpg city driving. 38-42mpg if all highway (depending on speed). I can easily get 42-45mpg of easy mixed driving.
  9. A

Exhaust Flap TSB

I got the P047F code along with a few other ignition timing DTCs. I told the service advisor I already scanned it and gave her the codes. I also told her it was the exhaust flap issue. She said they still need to do their own scan ($109.95). This would be waived if the DTC was under warranty...
  10. A

Another 2009 Jetta TDI A/C Thread

I just got the same error on my car. Were you able troubleshoot yours?
  11. A

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

Anybody else go to JA Autowerks?
  12. A

Automatic trunk opening?

My GF's 2010 Jetta trunk used to pop open even on the coldest days. My 2009 Jetta, however, barely popped open even during the summer. It took me 4 visits to the dealer before they changed the struts on the side. Before they actually replaced it, they just kept putting grease on every moving...
  13. A

wow.. just WOW.

I usually try to avoid getting under the car but I will try on my 50K oil change. Thanks!
  14. A

recall on #2 fuel line and vibrations

Got mine done. Sort of. They said #2 fuel line was replaced. I checked the engine after they gave it back and it was not. I was really surprised they tried to screw me out of a SAFETY RECALL.
  15. A

"Stop-sale issued for Volkswagen Jetta and Golf TDI diesel models, recall imminent?"

I don't trust any dealership at all. I have to get mine replaced and now I'm not sure I should.
  16. A

wow.. just WOW.

According to my understanding the replacement was based on the VIN, no? Nonetheless, these people at the dealership said they changed mine and almost let me leave thinking that was done.
  17. A

wow... just WOW.

I would suggest people to call ahead and verify the part is indeed in the dealership before heading over there. Because in my case, they claimed to have changed the part (profit for "installation" labor) and then when they finally get the part in and have it changed for real, more profit for...
  18. A

wow.. just WOW.

this one:
  19. A

TDI is gone and it's time to move on

I'm with you, OP. I currently looking at other cars as well. Will be selling/ trading it in.
  20. A

wow.. just WOW.

My 50K is coming up. I will try to see if I get the same results sans a dealership oil change!