Search results

1. C

Golf Interior Panel Removal

Hello, How do I remove this Interior Trim Panel in the rear of my golf. The Grey upper piece. I'm thinking of mounting a fire extinguisher there. [/url][/IMG] Thanks in Advance!
  2. C

Strut Mount Longevity?

My search results revealed that everyone agrees the New "Blank Model" strut mount bushings are "WAAY BETTER" than the worn out stuff. OF COURSE IT IS! (face-palm) It's not always clear who is AutoXing and Who is Daily Driving. AutoCross tracks are quite smooth. Hw80 through CA and NV...
  3. C

Drivers Side Radiator Fan + Shroud (MK4)

I have a good used large radiator fan. Tested for high speed and low speed. Works great, no noise. I can ship with or without the fan shroud. It might help someone with front end damage. I opted to replace it with a dual fan kit. Small fan in the picture does not work and will be...
  4. C

Car sat, now funky electrical

Hello, My golf sat for 4 years. I put a new battery in it. Blead the fuel system. It fires up but runs funny. 1. No boost 2. No radio 3. No power window 4. Keyless entry does not work. (Battery is good) I'm wondering if the ECU lost its tune, or is in some kind of valet / anti theft...
  5. C

How diesel burns

Great Article on the combustion process. And Cetane standards. http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_112999/article.html?popularArticle
  6. C

Coolant Pressure

What pressure should a properly working Coolant reservoir cap hold? The answer is not: Get a new one. I as because I wish to use the TDI coolant bottle as a surge tank on a different application. Thanks!!!
  7. C

Any guru's want to come to reno???

I've run out of brains and time with my tdi, but i'm not ready to get rid of it. It developed a knock during start up a while back... I replaced rods but it still knocks. I'm out of brains and haven't touched it in 1 year :eek:. Looking to hire someone. Someone who is comfortable with...
  8. C

Oil on Killer Sale at Autozone

https://www.autozone.com/images/MEDIA_ProductCatalog/m2840020_p4-f14-circular-r.pdf Read the Top Left Corner. Mobil Delvac Mobile 1 Truck Diesel Valvolene Premium Blue ONLY $13 / GAL!!!!!:eek: :cool:
  9. C

Rod bearing troubleshooting

I'm cleaning up after hydro lock. 2 pistons showed low protrusion. But all rod/crank bearings have this wear pattern. Damage appears opposite rod cap only. Pre ignition or over crush??? Thanks!
  10. C

Meet The Guy Who Drove Across The U.S. In A Record 28 Hours 50 Minutes

The Cannon Ball run has yet to be claimed by a tdi. With a 55 gal drum of diesel a TDI could almost make it with out a fuel stop. But which turbo could sustain 150 mph without melting down...
  11. C

WTB Glove Box Door MK4 Black

I'm running the larger glove box. I think its from an 02 or 03. But my golf is an 01. I cant remember what the parts compatability is. Thanks!!!
  12. C

Larger glove box for MK4

My searching skills are failing me this morning. I'm looking for the thread on increasing the size of the glove box. A few years after 01 they got rid of the crumple zone behind the box. Thanks In advance!
  13. C

WTB Interior Rear View Mirror - MkiV

I broke my rear view mirror putting up a tint strip. I need a mirror that fits a MK4 Golf. My plastic is grey. What are my options? Years matching? Homelink? Compass? Thanks!!!!
  14. C

ASV Pistons +Ceramic Coat

SOLD I got my rebuild up and running but I had to change piston size. Up for sale are a set of ASV Ceramic Coated pistons. Stock Diameter. Coating was done my TPIS. Asking $425. (free ceramic coat = $100 value)
  15. C

Need radiator (a4)

I ran over an already down deer tonight. It cracked my radiator. What are parts matching for an 01 golf? Will any gasser stuff fit? Thanks!
  16. C

How diesel burns

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=112999
  17. C

Custom Turbo Oil Return Lines

What are the temp requirements for a Turbo oil return? I know if oil gets to 300 its cooked BUT i'M MORE WORRIED about what are ambient temps between the turbine housings??? Anyone ever measured oil temp comming out of the turbo? Ambient temps while on boost? If EGT are 1000*f and up its...
  18. C

New Engine Removal Procedure in 35sec

Not for the faint of heart. http://jalopnik.com/is-this-the-worlds-fastest-engine-removal-451479989?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
  19. C

TDI Shifter linkage Worn Out

I'm looking for the following item. http://www.worldimpex.com/parts/genuine-part-relay-lever_167238.html I need the white piece only. Anyone have a PN? source? Thanks!
  20. C

Oil Pump R&R

This is a stupid question. Long story short: I broke down my motor several months ago for a full rebuild and can't remember all the specifics. My manual mentions no gasket or silicone between the block and the oil pump. I can't find a gasket listed on vendors sights. But i know the o-ring...