Search results

1. Surferchick2

2003 Beetle battery drained but now wont cure up...

Thank you! I ran out in the hope it was just a stuck valve but unfortunately it wasnt, unless it’s just not opening when I turn the key. I might try and find someone to watch tomorrow. I’ll try the other troubleshooting tips. So frustrating.
  2. Surferchick2

2003 Beetle battery drained but now wont cure up...

I have an 03 Beetle which sat for a while during the winter. It wasn’t started for about a month so the battery had drained enough where it wouldn’t start although there was some battery life and it would sound like it was trying. It’s been charging for several hours and cranks strong now, but...
  3. Surferchick2

Orange Beetle found a new home with me...

Actually Evoques been reliable too and if I sell that, there are no vehicles to pull the travel trailer lol The style hasn't changed and I wasn't really keen on the boxier models and the MPG is at like 30 so that's why we chose it. It's coming down to the crv (believe it or not the mpg is worse...
  4. Surferchick2

I may be selling my Beetle soon due to too many cars :'-( I can't believe I've had it for 8 years in May and my only issue has been a seat belt latch, and it's still going strong. Sadness.
  5. Surferchick2

Thanks! The old Beetle looks better than when I first got it. After 7 years, it's holding up better than I am! LOL
  6. Surferchick2

New (to me) 2006 TDI Beetle

Welcome! Looks NICE! I use mine primarily for commuting and have had it for 7.5 years with no regrets.
  7. Surferchick2

I actually do. Would you be able to pick them up? Im in the NW WA state area.
  8. Surferchick2

Biodiesel going away?

Since I got my 03 Beetle in 2009, I've only been using bio (b20-b99). I've noticed within the last year or so 3 stations/distributors no longer carry it and one barely orders anymore (last three visits it squeezed 2.50, 6.00 and zilch from the pump) and says because farmers get it on site may...
  9. Surferchick2

I'm surprised yet again that I'm updating this over 7 years after purchasing my beetle. It's been going strong, only had to replace a seatbelt latch this entire time. I've looked at upgrading or purchasing another vehicle over the years from another Beetle to the new Miata, but it hasn't let me...
  10. Surferchick2

What did you do to your car today?

Replaced my battery with an Interstate MegaTron Plus a few days ago and just installed Nokian WRG3 tires.
  11. Surferchick2

Oops...actually experienced enough to airbrush it out, but too absent minded to upload the right one. Lol. I just put those rims on. They were from a 2001 Jetta, but not sure the name. I'd been over the beetle rims for a while now and will be getting some Nokian tires in the fall anyway, so it...
  12. Surferchick2

I hate to say it, but it needed some cosmetic work then. I've updated a few things and keeping it detailed. The photographers a little more experienced too. Lmao. Still going stong with the maintenance magic of Matthew at Zahntech.
  13. Surferchick2

4 years later. Can't believe I've had it that long.
  14. Surferchick2

2013 Golf TDI Graphite Blue

They're anthracite Laguna wheels 18". Erm...edited.. they did come off a GTI.
  15. Surferchick2

Just don't go to the same GTGs or it's like two wearing the same outfit down to the shoes to an event. LMAO
  16. Surferchick2

Wait until I get the GTD....I may just keep the passenger door permanently locked. :cool:
  17. Surferchick2

Hmmmmfph...:mad: lol
  18. Surferchick2

Yeah it's pretty nice. No, his wheels they came off of a 2013 GTI. I was going to put his Salamancas on my Beetle, but they're 5x112 (mine are 5x100) and didn't want to do an adapter. :(
  19. Surferchick2

It's my husband's, but I'm allowed to sit in it once in a while.