Search results

1. W

B5.5 Sacto CA FS (Trans Toast)

Fritz gave up 12/29:mad: Was driving when tranny torque converter began suddenly unlocking / locking, then saw a smoke cloud in my rear view mirror. Tried to nurse it home but too much fluid leaked and it finally quit moving. Now sitting in my driveway leaving oil stains:( 145,000 miles...
  2. W

B5.5 wagon in Sacramento

Spotted this morning 2/19 on Freeport Blvd just north of C K McClatchy High School: Texas plates, custom wheels, tinted windows, dark gray.;)
  3. W

B5.5 TDI in Elk Grove

Spotted in front of the gym on Elk Grove Blvd yesterday... Dark gray, has nice GTI wheels fitted, wish I had the camera phone with me. Had TDIClub license plate frame too.:cool:
  4. W

Learn From My Fail...

So I did my oil change today, dressed in grubby clothes, out with the old, in with the new, CV boots aren't split, must be a good day.:p Started the engine, all good, no leaks, shut 'er down and put the keyfob in my jeans pocket. Closed the garage door, put away the tools, went in the house...
  5. W

The Mysterious Vanishing GP Recall...

Well, it's official... Got a "Emissions Workshop" light yesterday immediately upon startup. Called the dealer where I bought the car and told them about the symptoms and the recall notice. The service writer had me bring the car in this morning. Lo and behold, he can't find the open recall in...
  6. W

Fuel Filter Leak at T-Fitting

Noticed a diesel smell this afternoon, followed by observing drips from the belly pan. Got the car home and pulled off the top engine cover. Fuel appeared to be leaking from the fuel filter T-fitting but the hose connections were tight... odd... especially since I changed the filter a couple...