Search results

1. H

FS: 02J Peloquin Diff

It's SOLD
  2. H

FS - 2001 ALH 1.9 TDI Engine

Alright, engine and transmission is sold, but the turbo is now up for sale - $750 in still-as-new condition. Never used and with all associated hardware. It was installed, but then removed from the engine while out of the car. Never ran and engine never installed. Located in Flushing, NY -...
  3. H

"New" New Beetle

http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-c...gen-new-beetle Anyone else notice that particularly in the second photo, that the overall shape of the new new beetle is oddly reminiscent to that of the horrendous Chrysler PT Cruiser?
  4. H

Impressed by mileage

Since getting my car 2 months ago, I haven't really had any long trips to check what kind of mileage I could get - I had one 120 mile trip where I tried and got 52.9 MPG according to the MFD. This past week, I had my chance though - Drove up to chicago from philly. On the way up I got 47.5 MFD...
  5. H

Hatch Light not working?

There's a light on the right side of the hatch area that should turn on when the hatch opens... mine won't and I cannot figure out how to get it to turn on. I'm betting it's something really obvious, but it's extremely inconvenient and if anyone has a solution, that would be great. Thanks!
  6. H

Bluetooth 9w7 Issue

My bluetooth ate my contacts. I'm not quite sure how else to state that, but my new 9w7 unit - that i really enjoy - somehow managed to remove all my contacts from my address book of my phone.
  7. H

Boost Gauge

Anyone have a boost gauge in their Mk6 TDI, or plan on getting one? They have a few that are built right into a custom vent for GTIs, but the gauge measures vacuum, which is pretty useless for our cars. I'd rather a gauge that's full range is useable.
  8. H

CVT in a diesel

I've been wondering this for quite a while now. Wouldn't a diesel engine hooked up to an infinitely variable CVT be the perfect combination? You figure that the VW 4 cylinder diesel engines are most efficient around 2000 RPM, and also make the most torque at 2000 RPM. So, if the CVT was...
  9. H

2010 4 Door Golf, United Gray: Manual

First day, drove it for about 250 miles, absolutely adore it.
  10. H

New 4 Door Golf TDI

Just picked up my new 2010 Golf TDI a few hours ago. United Gray, sunroof, dynaudio (and std. bluetooth and cold weather). It's awesome, pics to follow. I need to get a hold of someone with a vag com who's willing to do a couple mods for me!
  11. H

Anyone with VCDS available?

So, I'm picking up my new car on Monday, I was wondering if anyone is available who has VCDS and can do some mods on my car. Either in North Jersey (I'm in Bergen County) or in the Philadelphia area (Bryn Mawr, Ardmore). Window + sunroof convenience One button unlock.
  12. H

GTD Steering Wheel

Anyone know where one can purchase a GTD Steering wheel? It's pretty much identical to the GTI one except for the stitching, right? Is it any different than the new Scirocco steering wheel besides the insert?
  13. H

2010: Golf or Jetta?

I've been looking at getting a new 2010 Golf TDI, I haven't even considered a Jetta, honestly. But really, which do you prefer? All things equal (price, options etc.) except for the upholstery (Golf has black cloth and Jetta has leatherette). The differences I see between the cars are the...
  14. H

Just saw a JSW with something strange underneath.

I was just driving back to PA from NJ on the PA turnpike, when I saw a JSW TDI. There something strange though, something flapping quickly underneath the car. It was difficult to see, but it seemed to be about 60% of the width of the car, when I pulled up next to it as it was exiting, I...
  15. H

Woe is me - bye bye 2000 Golf TDI

That's what my Golf now looks like.
  16. H

Gasoline mixed with diesel --> 20% more efficient than straight diesel

Thought this was interesting. http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/08/dual-fuel-gasoline-and-diesel-more-efficient-cleaner-engines.php
  17. H

Illegal: Left lane campers

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Insurance/InsureYourCar/left-lane-slowpokes-drive-you-crazy.aspx?gt1=33004 Laws against camping the left lane are finally starting to be enforced. This made me very happy to see this! This is less about the annoyance of being stuck behind an idiot doing...
  18. H

Aux Fuel Tank

I've looked a bit and haven't found this. Has anyone mounted a spare/aux fuel tank in their car? I thought it would be cool to mount a 15 gallon tank that flows freely into the main tank (or by electric pump on demand). It'd just be fun to have that much range! Just as long as the fumes don't...
  19. H

Scirocco TDI

Well, since I've changed my project and my old thread was quite disappointing. I'm making a new thread for it. I was planning on making this a surprise when I finished, but I think I'd rather make a progressive thread. I have this thread on vwvortex in the scirocco forum and on...
  20. H

Wiring: Minimalizing

I need to figure out what wires can be cut in the interior portion of the wiring harness without causing any other issues. The harness is from a 2000 Golf TDI. The only things that I don't want removed are: 12v power outlights (by ashtray and in trunk), the fuel sender, vag com connector thing...