Search results

1. 2

F/S 2001 Jetta sedan 5sp ALH South Carolina

2001 Jetta Sedan 5sp We bought it New in 2000. She runs smooth and solid. Paint rough and interior is rough. 295000 miles , comes with all tools needed for timing belt R&R. tough to see her go but it is time.
  2. 2

Radio reception

My 01 jetta has been losing fm reception over the last couple years. I just tune into the closest station or turn it off. I get 2 stations without any issues but others just fade after 1 or 2 minutes. Today I put the jetta in the garage and up on blocks for some suspension work and it...
  3. 2

01 JETTA 5sp 1 Owner

01 JETTA 5sp 1 Owner Charlotte NC We have decided to sell our Jetta with 269000 miles on it. It has been a wonderful car and is still driven daily. ALH 5 speed gl cloth int. 3500.00 neg
  4. 2

Squeaky Timing belt???

I have 12000 miles on my timing belt (done by me with the correct tools,vagcom,Bentley and lots of trusted guidance from here.parts from a trusted vendor also). I noticed a chirp at start up yesterday and started looking. The squeak was related to rpm's.I pulled the serp belt and started the...
  5. 2

Vac pump nipple

I changed the line from the Vac pump to the brake booster and noticed some side to side play on the nipple. Does anyone know if this can be tightened up, left alone or replaced? I am waiting for the cheapest answer please.
  6. 2

Hard brake pedal/LIMPMODE?

Hello all, Last night I headed home and the Car felt like it was dragging.THE BRAKE PEDAL FELT HARDER THAN NORMAL. I coasted a few feet to confirm this and sure enough it felt like a caliper was stuck. I mashed the brake harder than normal and she was rolling free. I got on the interstate...
  7. 2

Lost the Timing Belt :(

I was headed to work the other day ,just cruisin through the neighborhood and then it happened. I had the wife come out and tow me 1/2 mile back to the house and there she sits. 2001 jetta 5sp with 213000 miles on her. The last timing belt was done at 150000 miles.We are the only owners of...
  8. 2

No start after power loss.

:confused:I have been through the "no start" posts and I am stumped. I am looking for a clear mind to help me think this through. Last night when I got off work ( 4am), the car would not fire. It cranked normally and eventually I had to jump start it. The glow plug cycle was normal and it...
  9. 2

Help <I messed up>

I was doing a diesel purge and allowed the can to run dry" out of fuel" . Ant thoughts from a clear head will be helpful:confused::o
  10. 2

1900 rpm vibration.

Problem: I have a Vibration at 1900 rpm that is felt in the accelerator and goes away at 1950 rpm. This happens if the car is moving no matter the gear even coasting. Background:My 01 jetta has 195000 miles and started that "clicking" noise on right turns and kept clicking until fully...