Search results

1. V

Gasser vs Diesel transmission question

Thanks for the input guys! Turbocharged798: Thats the issue im having up here, tdi transmissions are hard to come by and its rather frustrating. I think my two alternatives right now are A. Getting a refurb transmission from my local dealership and paying out the as$ (but i know its good)...
  2. V

Gasser vs Diesel transmission question

Hey guys, So my transmission just sh!t the bed a few days ago, and im in the process of looking for a new one. Car is a Mk4 and 02J transmissions for gassers are about as common as crap in a cow field. Is there any reason why i couldnt just bolt one of those up instead of a transmission with...
  3. V

WTB: 5 Speed Transmission for 02 TDI

He guys, So just yesterday, my transmission grenaded whilst going down the road, havent figured out it its actually the gears, or the differential yet but id like to have another anyway. Looking for a nothing special, in working order 02J 5 speed. Let me know! Thanks, VT TDI
  4. V

Annoying Inspection Surprise.

Not to drag up an old thread but, while fase2000TDI was at my place last weekend he shared with me a little tid bit of knowledge that i did not know. Apparently in several states, an OE Turbo on a car does qualify as a muffler in some states... After alot of digging, google searches, reading...
  5. V

Great service from Fase2000tdi

Ill add to this post, had a turbo blow some seals, caught it on the partial runaway stage, parked it. Jeremy (whom ive worked with several times) drove up to Vermont this past weeked to install the new turbo on my car. As usual I worked along side of him, the install went off without a hitch...
  6. V

Another witness to why diesels are hated

Eh, i have issues with trucks, in that alot of people who own them dont actually need them be they gas or diesel. Before i get the "I have a truck and i use it" posts, im not talking about you. Im talking about the people who buy them just to say they have them, and of course to make obnoxious...
  7. V

Turbo squeal when shifting.

Update Yeah, last night i spent a good 2-3 hours tearing apart my inter-cooler piping (not literally lol) Turns out after taking the Intake side off, there is about, if i had to guess a 1mm of play up and down on the impeller shaft =(. Which sucks cause this is not the time for this to be...
  8. V

Turbo squeal when shifting.

So, winter was not friendly to my car by any means. Ruined a few rotors, seized a caliper, put a pin hole in my oil pan, car is about 10 miles out of alignment but those are manageable with a few hundred dollars and parts and a free weekend. What im really worried about is my turbo, i have...
  9. V

Dealing with BeachedBora....

Just ordered Brake rotors from Aaron, knowing him they'll be on my door in about 2 days (Cause he does this somehow) Looking forward to yet another beautifully executed purchase and good quality parts, cheers BB thanks again! -Josh
  10. V

Tuning Questions

Well, there are a lot of companies that do tuning. Rocket Chip, VW Mike L as previously mentioned, Malone tuning, F1 Tuning, and Kerma has a Q-loader and tunes. And yes, tuning will add the hp torque ect, but milage remains generally the same or better, as long as you can hold off the urge to...
  11. V

A/C Delete, possible belt size?

So, Last summer I had my timing belt done and in the process I had a good look at my A/C compressor. It hasn't blown cold air since I've owned it, so while the serpentine belt was off I had a look at the pulley and moved it around. It moved freely and didn't seem to hang, but it only engages...
  12. V

Getting some wheels and tires

Indeed, i have my spoke alloy wheels for the summer. Montegi Racing wheels, then i have steels for the winter. however the steel rims are being replaced this winter with some OEM 5 spoke alloys, cause i got sick of snow packing into the steel wheels and warping my rotors =/.
  13. V

Getting some wheels and tires

Ok, new wheels (Always exciting!) Getting 16's you'll have a little larger diameter, and with the right tires offers less roll resistance, so you get more fuel mileage. You get a new look, and a little better handling due to less side wall on the tire. The only negative which is very minute...
  14. V

You just made my day! As far as the service without consent goes I may as well tell the whole story. Winter was not so nice to my exhaust as about a month ago a corrosion weakened weld directly on the back of my cat broke. So my mid-pipe cam completely off the back of it. (The drone was...
  15. V

Perhaps NC, I never did get a chance to look through it before it went on, i just cant believe how quiet it is. =/
  16. V

So, today my car went in for inspection, i dropped if off around 7 and headed off to work. Came back at about 3 to find my car on the lift and a brand new Thrush Glass Pack welded in place where my beautiful mufflerectomy had been :(! I had been half expecting this as I was unsure whether...
  17. V

Dealing with BeachedBora....

Aaron somehow defy's the law's of distance, me being in VT im 2 states from being opposite ends of the country, yet somehow things always end up on my door step or being delivered no less that 2-4 days later, cant tell you how helpful this guy is in a pinch! The only problems ive ever had was...
  18. V

What the heck is wrong with it now?

bump =/
  19. V

Southern New England GTG: Saturday November 6th in RI. Tuning & Lift available!

I now have additional Hot Burgers and Ham Dogs to bring as well as Herm's.
  20. V

What the heck is wrong with it now?

So, the weekend before last i started to have a curios problem with my car. I started it saturday morning and when at idle, it would drop from the usual 800-900 rpm to as low as 600 and bounce that way back and forth. I gave the car a little gas and it went away, so i assumed it was something...