Search results

1. mx07gt

WTB: 2/4dr 1999-2005 Golf TDI manual. Texas

As the title says. I used to have a 2dr silver MKIV Golf, got T boned and I never got back to get another one. Ventured off to Passats, Jettas and whatnot, but I still have that thorn on the side of my chest that I'd like to get a 2dr golf again. 2 door preferred, has to be manual. ALH or BEW...
  2. mx07gt

Genuine Ross-Tech Hex-USB+CAN unlimited vins cable $250

Bought this cable about 8 years ago, no longer own any VW vehicles and will probably not use this anymore, so I decided to part ways with it. It is in very good condition, and always stored in my diagnostics laptop bag. https://imgur.com/B1A0BTW
  3. mx07gt

WTB: 1999.5-2005 2dr Golf 5sp

Sadly, I got into an accident in my 2dr Golf, and I would like to find another 2dr Golf that needs some loving (mainly the interior). The interior in my Golf is in immaculate shape, so I would transfer that out. I don't care much about the exterior, except for rust. My budget is set around the...
  4. mx07gt

2005 Passat TDI - $5500

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/4514734290.html San Antonio, TX I will be in town today and tomorrow. Then after that I will be gone to work, with my brother left in charge of any deals being made. Priced to sell. Call or text with any questions.
  5. mx07gt

2005 Volkswagen Passat TDI (South central TX)

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/4319064235.html Please read CL posting. After the stated dates, I will be stationed on a remote area with no signal whatsoever, so Thursday/Friday will be the best dates to get this going. Thanks
  6. mx07gt

Key-usb VCDS cable

200 shipped. Comes with original ross tech manual. Turns out I will no longer need it Thanks
  7. mx07gt

How to check if Passat is actually chainless?

I tried searching. I am no newb to TDIs, ive had beetles, 2 jettas and 2 golfs. I only have 1 golf right now and I am looking to add a Passat to my fleet. Owner claims it has 193k miles, maint' records for all fluid changes, ''balance shaf t upgrade'' done by a local tdi shop, genuine vw reman...
  8. mx07gt

WTB: 038906016Q BEW Golf 5sp ECU

Ill be going back to stock and need a stock ECU Part Number is: 038 906 016 Q Let me know if somebody has one. Thanks
  9. mx07gt

BEW PD in tank lift pump

VDO unit, brand new. I will most probably part with my BEW golf since I went back to an ALH. Wont be needing this pump anymore. IDparts link for reference: http://idparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=585 160 shipped obo. I wont be back home until April 14th. Thanks
  10. mx07gt

WTB: Stock 2005 Golf PD ECU.

I need a stock ECU to swap out my vwmikel tuned one out. My ex car got the sound system stolen and a fender messed up. I dont have the time to repair/replace all that so I might end up just selling the car as it is (not decided yet, but its a 4dr golf, 5sp, 134k tb done at tdiguru shop in san...
  11. mx07gt

WTB: 2 Door Golf MKIV 5sp. Willing to fly in

I am in the hunt for a 2door golf MKIV. I am located in San Antonio, TX, but I am willing to fly in and drive it home (just as long as its not on the other side of the country (IE, Maine). Car has to be properly taken care of and be worth flying for it basically. It has to be your's or of...
  12. mx07gt

Trusted TDI Mechanic: Stxtdi.com review (San Antonio, TX)

I called Todd @ South Texas TDI (stxtdi.com) and he answered right away, always talked in a friendly manner, and managed to squeeze an appointment for Friday afternoon, since that was the only day I would be available because I am not local. All I have to say is I would trust south texas tdi...
  13. mx07gt

How to reinstall under-hvac trim piece?

ok, I am stuck here...I looked around on the faq's, google, vwvortex, and everyone just states on how to remove it, which went just fine. but when I try to reinstall it, the piece simply will not SNAP BACK IN! is there a trick to be followed here? Anything that I might be missing? this is the...
  14. mx07gt

Would I lose economy if I switch from a 17.5lbs 15'' wheel to a 19lbs 19'' Wheel?

I have a friend offering me a set of 19'' Superleggeras (or however they are spelled), they are supposed to be one of the lightest wheels on the market. My question is, will I sacrifice a lot of MPG's just for looks? Weight doesn't seem to me that much of an increase...Right now I have 15''...
  15. mx07gt

Where to buy lower grilles block off plastics?

the ones used for ''hypermilling''... I like the way they look. but cant seem to find them anywhere... anyone know??
  16. mx07gt

Will a HEX-USB (not CAN) work on A4?

by A4 I meant 99.5 to 2005 MKIV A4 platform I know its a dumb question, but I could not find any information on Ross-Tech (other that its a discontinued product) about this cable. What models does it work on? thanks!
  17. mx07gt

No difference in MPG on hwy and city driving

I recently came back from a trip to Lubbock TX (900mi roundtrip) and averaged 680miles per tank (16.5gal 41mpg) driving 65mph all the way. It came to my attention that mpg did not increase that much from city driving (650miles per tank, 16.5gal 39.3mpg 90city/10hwy). From what ive read all...
  18. mx07gt

FS: Ross-Tech VCDS/Vag-Com HEX-USB

Left over cable, it is from a friend of mine. perfect condition, works perfect. 200.00 UP FOR SALE AGAIN! 190 Shipped takes it TODAY ONLY!
  19. mx07gt

FS: Ross-Tech VCDS/Vag-Com HEX-USB+CAN

Just as title says, works perfectly. Used a couple of times. 315 shipped. Retails for 360 with RossTech obo