Search results

1. jrcstudios

3.0 Cayenne post emissions tune, etc.

Hello, I’m looking for info on what can be done to my 2014 Cayenne after the emessions upgrade. I’m not happy with the performance. No emissions testing in Georgia, so I would only need to go back stock if there was a warranty issue. Is a flash tune enough? Or do I need to bypass whatever new...
  2. jrcstudios

Best way for getting at the flywheel?

I've got to pull an ALH engine from an '03 Jetta in order to change the clutch and flywheel. I've only worked on older VWs before, and always pulled the engine and transmission as a unit. Is it best to pull them both on this car? or is it easier to just pull either the transmission or engine...
  3. jrcstudios

ALH Broken starter gear on the flywheel

A friend drove his 2003 Jetta TDI over today complaining of starter issues. After a brief bit of troubleshooting, I noticed about an inch of teeth missing on the flywheel. The starter's gear is pretty maimed too. Is the starter teeth on an ALH a separate "ring" on the flywheel just like it is...
  4. jrcstudios

'90 Jetta 1.6 Diesel (non turbo) OIL in the COOLANT!!

I have a weird oil-in-the-coolant problem.. I assumed this was due to a warped head/ cracked head/ blown head gasket, so I pulled the head off and took it to a machine shop to examine. The only thing they can find wrong with the head is a leaky intake valve.. No cracks or pressure leaks...
  5. jrcstudios

FOR SALE: 96 Passat TDI parts car

Edit: Car is gone... off to the scrap yard :( I have headlights, left tail lights, front bumper, brake assembly with ABS, intercooler piping, AC compressor, alternator & mounting bracket with tensioner, Condenser & Radiator and fan.
  6. jrcstudios

intercooler-- how important?

If I bypass the intercooler temporarily, what would happen? Will the engine run too hot? I don't want to do it if it will or even might cause engine damage, but if I can get by with a lack of performance to drive the car to a few tech shops to try and find an intercooler that will fit, then I...
  7. jrcstudios

Main Seal type?

I have been told I have a 1Z engine. It came from a '96 Passat. I ordered a gasket set for a '96, and got this: but my main seal looks like this: What do I need to specify to get the right thing??
  8. jrcstudios

1996 Passat TDI car parts for sale (no engine)

I have a blue '96 Passat TDI that I bought for the engine, transmission, and electrical system. Everything else is for sale. The car was drivable and driven for a week by me before dismanteling it. The door handles both inside and out are all troublesome, it was far to easy to get locked in this...
  9. jrcstudios

Another MK1 Rabbit Truck TDI project!

First of all, special thanks in no particular order to davidpa, tongboy, MrDave, hobojoker and anyone else that has done or is doing the same thing that I am. I've spent the last week reading your threads. I'm hoping you guys will check on me and give me advice as I dive into this.. My...
  10. jrcstudios

What Engine is this?

CE2, ABA, ALH, 1Z, A3, A4, 8V, 16V... Could someone please tell me what these are referring to, and more importantly, what have I got?? This is a doner engine from a '96 Passat headed for a '81 Rabbit Pickup (MK 1?? Pronounced "Mark-1" ???) If there is a good resource in the FAQ for this, I...
  11. jrcstudios

'96 Passat TDI into a '82 Rabbit??

I have a chance to buy a beat up 1996 Passat with a good engine.. With this engine and drive train fit into a 1982 rabbit? I know already I am going to have to build custom motor mounts, and make the shifter cable conversion.. and play with computer wires...Anything else I am missing?? Advise a...