Search results

1. S

expert help needed

so this may be a bit of a ridiculous question but i dont know the answer so i am here to ask for someone who is sure of this to help my brother was traded three engines (he says they are alh?) where do i find the codes and where do i go to find out what year they were produced ie i am...
  2. S

idle issues?

my Dad's 2004 pd TDI - completely stock no mods, nothing about 140,000kms he is not a hard driver when he leaves the car overnight and go to start it in the morning it runs but hesitates if you take of it will die, and have to restart it. He has to let it run for a min before taking off...
  3. S

3 bar map sensor ~ confused

Hello, So everything in my car is stock except diesel powerbox. 1.9 alh 00 TDI car running at 13psi stock I changes the map Sensor today part number #038 906 051c, I had the big hole map sensor so i made a sleeve that is tapered and fits very snug. this is where the confusion starts I went...
  4. S

when is mass air flow sensor no good?

is there a drop off of it working and then not working? will it be harder on fuel if it is not working? will a k&n damage it, but it still works?
  5. S

temp/economy/boost

Hello I was wondering if someone here could help me out I have noticed my car has been quite cool lately, perhaps the gauge is off? my car will not go above the 80Degree mark even when i push it hard. My thought is thermostat? is the cool temperature affecting my fuel economy and low boost...
  6. S

Three Questions

#1--What kind of horsepower/torque could i expect to see with vnt 17/? +pp764 + tuning? approx #2--is the G60 flywheel only good for 350 ft/lb? Link-->http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=270757&page=2 #3 -- how long do i have with my turbo, it is leaking oil down to the intercooler and...
  7. S

Turbo upgrade recomendations

Hello all, I have a 2000 golf 1.9TDI ALH with 291,000 kms .. Yes kms im from Canada eh im pretty sure its a stock turbo vnt15? currently it smokes quite a bit of black upgrades: Diesel Tuning box Boost gauge looking to get more power with great reliability i have considered...