Search results

1. Z

PD150 Engine vibration

Hi, I have a strange issue with my ARL engine. First I swapped a pd150ARL into my 98 Audi A3 8L, everything went fine. After sometime I began to notice some strange vibrations and some clutch slipping under moderate accelerations, so I changed the complete dmf with Sachs kit, everything was...
  2. Z

bi-xenon retrofit electrical advise

hi all, i recovered a bi-xenon lens from a wrecked bmw headlights, and it was hella E55 projector, so after i disassembled my audi A3 headlight and retired original lens, the bmw lens fits perfectly and now i have a working bi-xenon projector. after some time using it, the cluster high beam...
  3. Z

speed activated parking radar

hi all, i'm thinking about a way to adapt rear parking sensors to work for front of the car. the concept is to put a vss activated relay that will close between 0 and 20km/h and open above 20km/h in addition to that, i will add a latching relay and a deactivation bouton so it looks like OEM...
  4. Z

disable EGR and keeping ASV

hello, after EGR valve fail (leaking diaphragm) i disabled EGR, diconnected N18 and vaccum lines, used blocking plate and removed EGR cooler. next step would be to desactivate N18 from ECU software. (ARL engine) actually i have some oil leak between EGR and intake manifold, and also i suspect...
  5. Z

Vnt17 Compressor housing play

Yesterday i took out my gt1749vb to clean vnt and I noticed a play in the entire compressor housing, even the firewall behind compressor turbine. I also noticed a quite amount of oil in the intake system (approx 0.3 liter). The oil consumption is about 0.5 liter per 1000 km. and if I drive the...
  6. Z

rain sensor compatibility

hello, i have an mk4 auto wiper relay (relay 192) but i don't have the rain sensor lens, and older style rain sensor is rare, so i wanted to know if the golf mk5 rain sensor "1K0 955 559 AH" can work with mk4 relay ?
  7. Z

lost highbeam indicator after bixenon install

in my audi A3 98 (similar to MK4 golf) the blue highbeam indicator in instruments cluster isn't working anymore, but high beams works prefect. i installed a custom lens with bixenon shutter and wired the bixenon shutter to high beam wire and ground inside the projector. after that i have some...
  8. Z

Audi Q7 V12 TDI lift pump issue

hi all, a customer has audi Q7 V12 TDI and suddenly engine died and cannot be started. we verified the lift pumps (2 pumps), and one died so we changed the two pumps with passat 2.0 TDI lif pump (because V12 pumps aren't available right now) the car starts after 4 second cranking and runs ok...
  9. Z

limp mode and positive deviation after vnt cleaning

after installing my arl engine, cleaning the entire VNT turbo and everything runs ok, after doing some tests i realise that the car enters in limp mode if pushed hard on 4th and sometimes doesn't build boost quickly. so i've made a log in 4th full throttle from 1500rpm but it enters limp mode...
  10. Z

porsche cayenne, disable hybrid engine

hi all, a friend has a porsche cayenne hybrid that has a lot of electrical problems after a water leak. the cost to repair the entire electric system especially the electric engine and related parts are too expensive. so we're seeking for a solution to make the car use the gasoline engine only...
  11. Z

Differences between N75

Hi all, I found a lot of different n75 and I want to know if they are similar in functionality. I use old style n75 with black top and old rectangular connector 1H0 906 627 and I think that it's faulty but I only found new style n75 with white top and new style connector 1J0 906 627 A And is...
  12. Z

turbo lag then spike !! log inside

hi all, i've recently installed an ARL engine with VB turbo and i'm experiencing turbo lag and huge spike. here's the log of group 11 http://ubuntuone.com/48XAuL8e76aQqQrRulGax0 i've changed the vaccum lines with new silicones one and still the same issue. is there a way to test actuator...
  13. Z

fuel cooler ! is it necessary ?

i've swapped my engine from VE type TDI to PD TDI. everything is working fine but lately i discovered a leak in the return line of fuel (on top of intank pump), it's the quick coupling hose that is leaking. i'm going to change the return line, but i noticed that PD engines are equipped with...
  14. Z

Cd changer emulator not detected!

Hi all, I recently purchased a cd changer emulator for my Audi a3 equipped with Audi concert 2 head unit. I plugged it and works perfect but when I start the car the emulator hangs and headunit show "no changer". When I switch off engine it works again! The only difference I think between...
  15. Z

Turbo leak ! better run without using turbo

hi all, i have a leak somewhere between turbo output and pancake pipe, and i need to drive the car for about 15km to repair it. i was thinking of unplugging the N75 so that the turbo stay vanes open et doesn't spool too high to not damage it. is it a good idea ?
  16. Z

AC system cleaning

hi all, i recently swapped from AGR to ARL with complete radiators set (ac, fmic, water rad, fans) and the AC lines aren't the same, so i bought them used, but they were stocked on free air and the lines are dirty, i suppose than even the drier must be changed because it was left open for a...
  17. Z

Oil in intake and white smoke (PD)

Hi, I have just run a pd150 engine that was not used for more than 1 year and was out from a wrecked car. The engine starts well and very quickly, no strange noise. But after 10mn idling there's some white smoke and the intake was contamined with oil. The turbo was cleaned and the shaft has no...
  18. Z

Idle and smoke Issues after PD150 swap

Hi all, i've just finished swapping my Audi A3 from AGR to ARL with S3 fmic. Everything was done correctly and engine started right away. I'll list all the things needed to do the swap because the Audi A3 is the A4 platform like golf mk4. After a first test, the oil pressure error shows when...
  19. Z

ARL injector out of range!

hi, i swapped my AGR engine to ARL, everything was good i started the engine and take a look to the injector correction by VCDS. the correction of cylinder 1,2,4 are ok (between -2 and +2) but cylinder 3 has a correction of -3 wich is out of range. the engine runs ok and the idle is stable...
  20. Z

GTB2260VK + 1.8T pancake pipe

hi, i'm ready to swap my audi A3 from AGR to ARL, before i mount it to the car i'm going to install an AUDI GTB2260VK turbo. here's the setup i'm going to use before IC : gtb2260vk > ?pipe 1? > 1.8T pancake > pipe 2 > S3 intercooler i need some help about the pipe 1, i know that the inlet...