Search results

1. blizzard60

Fs: 2004 jetta wagon. Oem+

[EDIT 9/3/12]This car is back on the market. The fellow who bought it from me had to relocate for work so needs to sell the wagon. If I was in a better financial place I would buy it back because I loved the thing so much. Any way, if anyone is interested let me know and I'll put you in touch...
  2. blizzard60

Could someone look at a car for me? NJ

Hey Easterners! If there is any possible way someone would be interested in looking at a car for me I'd really appreciate it. It is a salvage title car so I'm really hoping someone with body shop knowledge might be able to have a look. The drivetrain, etc I'm not too worried about, it is just...
  3. blizzard60

Possible Victoria meet April ??

Victoria BC Meet, April 22nd, 2012 Edited 3/7/2012 to add: The 22 of April it is. That seems to be the day that works for everyone. *************** A possible Victoria TDIclub meet was suggested in another thread and I think a bunch of people think it is a great idea. March seems like too...
  4. blizzard60

WTB 09A from 04 BEW

Like the title says, looking for a used 09A auto trans from an 04 BEW. Let me know what you have! Thanks, -Chris
  5. blizzard60

DSG from NB - what can it hold?

Light the title stats, what tq can the DSG transmission from the '04 and '05 new beetles handle? I'm guessing most of these cars aren't tuned, but I'd be interest to hear from anyone who has tuned one! Thanks! -Chris
  6. blizzard60

Help please from PD150 owners

Hey Guys, I'm begging for a little help from those of you who have a car that came stock with a pd150, or have done a swap complete with the ECU harness. Or, if anyone has a complete ECU harness kicking around, you could help too ;) What I'm looking for, and would GREATLY appreciate, is how...
  7. blizzard60

02M gear swap

Hey Guys, Does anyone know if you can swap the gears from the "later" 02M transmissions into the earlier ones? For example fmh gears into a drw case. The cases themselves are fairly different... Thanks! -Chris
  8. blizzard60

Engine Swap (BEW -> ARL) wiring harness/ECU Needed?

Hey all, I cannot shake the desire to "upgrade" my engine to a PD150. "Basically" all I'm missing now is the block/head, and of course the things that come with that (larger valves, pistons, crank, etc). I have pretty much everything else... :rolleyes: What I'm wondering is if and why I might...
  9. blizzard60

MKIV EURO/GLI/OEM BORA HIDS/OEM+/TMC/PDC/ETC Stuff

I AM AWAY ON VACATION UNTIL AUG FIRST. I'LL REPLY TO PM'S WHEN I RETURN I AM NOT WILLING TO SHIP THIS STUFF AT THE MOMENT [1 SOLD, 1 LEFT]2 x 3 spoke steering wheels. These are from GLI/20th cars. Decent condition, but not perfect. The leather is "glossy" (it is matte when new). One of the...
  10. blizzard60

'04.5/'05 GLI Recaro Seats - $400 - Vancouver BC

SOLD I AM NOT WILLING TO SHIP THESE Set of GLI Recaros. Overall (EXCEPT FOR ISSUES OUTLINED BELOW) in great condition. This is for front and rear seats and all headrests. The drivers seat bottom needs to be replaced because as is usual with the north american recaros, the bolster has broken...
  11. blizzard60

MKIV Parts Garage Sale

I AM AWAY ON VACATION UNTIL AUG 1ST. I'LL REPLY TO PM'S WHEN I AM BACK I do not want to ship anything at the moment because I'm too lazy, and I believe there is a market locally for this stuff. I have a tonne of stuff I need to get rid of. Pics of everything are in an album called "stuff for...
  12. blizzard60

04 BEW Engine Soft-Coding

I posted this in another sub-forum, but have got no love, so I thought I'd post it here... ---------------- I have done the climatronic swap on my car and yesterday I was perusing through the engine controller in vag com and noticed that pop-up that gives a little highlight-tour of coding...
  13. blizzard60

Engine Coding (soft coding) on '04 BEW

I have done the climatronic swap on my car and yesterday I was perusing through the engine controller in vag com and noticed that pop-up that gives a little highlight-tour of coding options. The second digit is for climatronic or not. 0 for clima, 1 for regular. I thought this was interested...
  14. blizzard60

Fiamm Tri-Tone Air horns

So I finally completed my horn install. This is how I mounted them: Here's a video of how I wired them up to work by using a FUNK and GAS switch. Basically if both switches are OFF, then the stock horn fires. If you hit the GAS switch, the stock horn gets turned off, and the air horns will...
  15. blizzard60

MKIV Xenon can't connect...

Anyone have any issues connecting to modules 29/39 for left and right headlights on the MKIV? I'm getting "too many communication errors" for the left light, and it simply won't connect to the right. Using a key ii USB and vcds 10.6.3. I have checked continuity to the k-wire pins for both...
  16. blizzard60

MKIV: anyone have their dash out?

Hey Guys, I'm ready to put my dash back in, but I just want to male sure I've run the wiring harness correctly across the heater box, etc, etc... If anyone is willing to take some pics I'd be eternally grateful!!! :) Cheers, -Chris PS note to myself: take pics BEFORE disassembly!!! :eek:
  17. blizzard60

MKIV Glovebox AC

Anyone done this? I was cruising through ETKA and came across the hoses. It reminded me that I swear I saw a post on here about it sometime, but now I can't find it. Also, anyone know all the P/N for the foam on the vent pieces that go in between the heater box and the dash? Thanks guys, -Chris
  18. blizzard60

MKIV "Auxillary" switch kick panel

Hey Guys, I've wired up my Funk and Gas switches to be used in the "kick-panel" for lack of a better term. This is what I mean (picture stolen from passatplus.de): I am trying to re-assemble by dash, and I realized while doing so that the black metal "fire guard" piece behind the kick panel...
  19. blizzard60

Wiring Funk, Gas and other Switches

This might be a little late to the game, but I made a VW "factory style" wiring diagram for wiring up the FUNK, GAS and other switches. As a lot of people know, these switches will not work properly if you only wire up the illumination (pins 1 and 2), the LEDs on the switch will not work...
  20. blizzard60

MKIV Euro wiring hit-list

Hey Guys, It has been quite a while since I've posted here - I apologize! I currently have my dash out (again) to deal with a long-standing issue that arose when I was stupidly running my car without a rain-tray (I live on the "wet coast" ;) )!! Any way, while the dash is out, I want to do ALL...