Search results

1. jmur

A prayer for Herm and get well soon.

Herm, We're rooting for you. Get well soon. Jeff & Caroline
  2. jmur

17964, low power, wierd brakes

17964, low power, weird brakes Posting this & hope it may help someone. 2000 Golf, 67,000 mi Driving on the highway & sudden power loss (like a bad MAF). Waiting at stop lights down hill required lots of peddle pressure. 17964 on Vag Com Changed MAF, no improvement. Followed all vacuum lines...
  3. jmur

LOVE my TDI, HATE the SMELL!!

You can go to http://www.cartalk.com/ and do a search for "bad smell". Thare are lots of hits some practical advice and some humor.:D
  4. jmur

Drivers side headlight bulb-HELP

Just did mine on a 2000 Golf for the 2nd time. Here are a couple of tips. Do the passenger side first. It's pretty easy because you can see how things work. Leave the cover off of the passenger side while you do the driver's side so you can refer to it. Have lots of light and a mirror on a...
  5. jmur

Rear washer sprayer on Golf

Ok, I've performed the repair again with Devcon 2 ton epoxy. Stay tuned.
  6. jmur

Well folks, my great wiper repair failed. :( Black Max adhesive is not suitable for this job. It loosened up. I'll try something else and will report back if it lasts more than a month. :D Jeff
  7. jmur

Return from clutch adventure :-)

The flywheel to crank is the same, 44 ft lb + 1/4 turn and USE NEW BOLTS. The pressure plate to flywheel is different, 15 ft lbs. I believe the bolts are different so you will need all new ones anyway.
  8. jmur

Getting to the Golf hatch lock

The panel pulls off with some difficulty. It sounds horrible as those clips scrape on their way out. The lower and upper plastic trim pieces are interlocked together near the window. Be carefull unlocking them. I greased the clips slightly before reinstalling the trim and it popped back in...
  9. jmur

Major Glow Plug #*!&@^$

Verify the condition of the glow plugs by removing them and using a battery jumper cable test them in air. See if they they all glow and if they glow fast. I suppose it's possible to have a failure where one ohms out ok cold but then goes open circuit on warm up?
  10. jmur

I'm ready to scream !!!

Some time ago, my glo plug indicator began to flash. The real problem was a blown out brake lamp.
  11. jmur

How can you Improve Stability During Braking?

Properly inflated good tires are most important. Skill and judgement certainly come into it. 100 mph on a public road makes me wonder :rolleyes:. For high speed traveling, a car should be inspected and pampered like a race car. Makes me wonder about those who change their oil from the top...
  12. jmur

Repair info added to my 1-13-2006 post.
  13. jmur

battery current draw when car off?

Dark current is a term used for the leakage current in a photo diode when there is no light, on the order of 2 nano amps. Anyway, I found out what was causing the "dark current" in my old Toyota by putting an ammeter in series with the battery accessory wire and pulling fuses one at a time...
  14. jmur

Yup. After that it's easy to remove the whole motor assembly and work on it at a bench, just three 10 mm nuts. Taking the trim off of the inside is the scariest part, sounds like it's being destroyed. Take 2 screws out of the hand hold pockets first. When I put my trim back, I'll grease all...
  15. jmur

I notice that the folks posting on this thread come from places where freezing winter temperatures are common. Wonder if the problem starts with moisture between the tube (stationary) and the wiper shaft (moving) becoming frozen. The tube is such a small diameter and thin wall that it might not...
  16. jmur

The little nozzle part can be pulled off from the outside. Next the aluminum cover on the wiper gearbox comes off after removing some small Torx screws. The tube should come out with the cover. The tube is actually bonded to the wiper fluid fitting. My tube was broken. I will attempt to replace...
  17. jmur

MOGolf, thanks I did get it off. The clips make a destructive sounding noise when they pop out. I see what the problem is with the wiper/nozzle assembly. There's a brass tube that runs through the center of the wiper drive shaft. This tube is connected to the washer fluid connector on the...
  18. jmur

OK, you folks who have removed this motor, what's the trick to getting the rear lid lower trim off? I have the Bentley procedure, p 70-19. It looks easy but simply pulling pulling on the trim doesn't release the clips. Thought it would be best to ask the "experts" before I break something.
  19. jmur

I never paid much attention to my rear wiper until this thread. My squirter sort of moves with the wiper but not 100%. Anyone have some tips or advice on how to disassemble the mechanism? (2000 Golf) Also I like the idea of the Audi double squirter. What's the part number? Thanks.
  20. jmur

Thanks & Tips for TB, struts & shocks job.

Here's one more about the socket for the "hidden" screw. If you have ever purchased a complete socket set from Sears, it may have included a 5/8", 3/8 drive spark plug socket that you never used. If so, cut it down to 1 7/8 inches long. Pull out the rubber insert and add a magnet as MOGolf...