Search results

1. C

Ya! Backlights behind climate controls have failed

What the crap? The backlight behind the climate controls has failed in my '02 Golf TDI sedan, though the backlight for the AC controls still works. Any suggestions? Everything else is normal.
  2. C

Performance tires and snow tires

OK, guys what do you think: I am purchasing a set of decent performance tires for my '02 TDI Golf. These will be backed up by some decent snowies for Nov-March. This is my plan, anyway. Any suggestions as to what tires to buy in both categories? I don't want to spend a fortune but I sure don't...
  3. C

I Need a 2003 Golf GLS TDI Manual - Michigan

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a new or almost new 2003 Golf GLS TDI Manual - Black or Silver. We're in the Detroit, Michigan area. I've got an '02 Golf GLS TDI and can't get enough of that good ole' diesel. (2-door is OK; does the GLS come in 2-door?). Anybody got one for sale? Thanks. -Terry
  4. C

Interior Door Panels, 2002 Golf GLS

Any tips on how to remove and then re-install these puppies so I can insert killer new speakers?
  5. C

Speaker Covers on 2002 Golf

Arrgh! I want to remove the 6" speaker covers (not the little tweeter ones) and replace the speakers. But they must be molded in! Is it possible to remove the speaker covers without taking the door panel off (something I'd like to avoid)? Thanks. Cman
  6. C

WTB 2002 Golf GLS black manual...

Hi gang. I'm looking for a 2002 Golf GLS, black, manual, cold weather, luxury package. Or I'd consider a very late model of the above. Any suggestions? (I am in Michigan.) Thanx. Terry
  7. C

2003 Golf

'Sup with next year's Golf? Unchanged? Will they offer leather at last? I want a Golf TDI w/leather. Anybody know anything about them or when they hit the dealerships? (I'm talking about the 2003 Golf TDI.) Drive on.
  8. C

I need two reasons to buy a Jetta TDI!

Hi gang. I'm new to the board and am considering buying a 2003 Jetta TDI. Two questions: 1) I have never owned a diesel. What about convenient access to diesel fuel? Is it a pain? I'm pretty sure it is not available at the three stations I use most, but maybe I've missed it because I haven't...