Search results

1. C

WTB: wrecked tdi

I may have a totalled Golf GLS, 2002 - Black/black. Insurance company is calling me on Thursday. I'm in Michigan, though.
  2. C

FS: 2002 Golf TDI w/2yr 24K bumper to bumper

Re: FS: 2002 Golf TDI w/2yr 24K certification 5spd I don't need pics, but thanks. Why two new tires??
  3. C

VW Classified Listings?

Hey, nice post. There's a bunch of good sites there.
  4. C

FS: 2002 Golf TDI w/2yr 24K bumper to bumper

Re: FS: 2002 Golf TDI w/2yr 24K certification 5spd Hi- Where are you? Is it a GLS 4-door? Thanx, Terry
  5. C

Ya! Backlights behind climate controls have failed

What the crap? The backlight behind the climate controls has failed in my '02 Golf TDI sedan, though the backlight for the AC controls still works. Any suggestions? Everything else is normal.
  6. C

Golf outrides Jetta mystery

Personally, I've found that nothing affects performance like a stiff pair of shoes on your feet. Buy a performance tire with a nice wide patch and firm sidewalls and pump 'em up to close to their max. Yes, you'll burn through them more quickly but not THAT quickly and it will be worth it. This...
  7. C

Performance tires and snow tires

I, too, am intrigued by the Green Diamonds. I'll probably go Blizzak, though, as they are easier to find and probably only $80 each installed. Still...it's always fun to try something a little crazy!
  8. C

TDI Sport with 16" wheels...correct tire pressure?

TDI Sport with 16\" wheels...correct tire pressure? I've got the 16" Continentals, too. The ExtremeContacts - 205/55/16. My pressure is 32psi all around and I can tell you that it sucks. So I will try 37F and 35R tomorrow and tell you how it feels. But where can I get a good digital tire gauge...
  9. C

where is the "real empty" on the fuel guage ?

where is the \"real empty\" on the fuel guage ? I am a fan of the vapor button even though, theoretically, it is dangerous. For those of you from sunny Michigan, I have driven from the Detroit area to Traverse City and then back again to Detroit, and then BACK TO TRAVERSE CITY on one tank of...
  10. C

Helping to Spread the TDI Gospel

My custom sticker reads: "Diesels Fight Terror - 47 MPG."
  11. C

04 TDI - One Major Regret

Yeah, go leather. Nothing's perfect but when the leather feels good you can't beat it. It's worth it. Besides, you live in Toronto. What do they have? - maybe 5 90 degree days a year?
  12. C

OK, I am putting 16" SSR Competitions on tomorrow AM. I'll let you know how sweet they are...but what the crap?..how do I post a picture?
  13. C

Rain X- wonderful stuff

But where do I find decent wipers?!
  14. C

where is the "real empty" on the fuel guage ?

where is the \"real empty\" on the fuel guage ? Remember, you can always push a little more gas into the tank by tripping the vacuum button just inside the fuel intake. It will get your hands dirty but give you another 2 liters of fuel. You can actually hear the suction if you listen carefully!
  15. C

Hey all- Just got in from out of town and am delighted with all the feedback. Thanks, everyone. We've had so much friggin' rain here in Michigan this year, I am now leaning toward performance tires that work well in the wet! OK, I'm off to find some cheap steelies on ebay... -Terry
  16. C

Should I purchase a New TDI or Used TDI ??

Buy new. Finance it with no extra warranty or bs insurance from the dealer. EVERY car depreciates 20% on a sale, even used ones, due to ANOTHER change of ownership. Unless you are a decent mechanic and have the time and inclination, go new. Plus, with a TDI, the damn things run forever, so you...
  17. C

OK, guys what do you think: I am purchasing a set of decent performance tires for my '02 TDI Golf. These will be backed up by some decent snowies for Nov-March. This is my plan, anyway. Any suggestions as to what tires to buy in both categories? I don't want to spend a fortune but I sure don't...
  18. C

New Year MI TDI GTG?

I would actually like to host a GTG in Michigan one of these days, but I've never been to one. What is involved? Can I just have people show up at my building on a Sunday and drive or are refreshments required or what? Any suggestions? Thanks. Terry
  19. C

I Need a 2003 Golf GLS TDI Manual - Michigan

Thanks Jitterboogie. Been busy with the holidays. Sorry to hear you've got to sell...but I just bought another Golf on Christmas Eve. G'luck!