Search results

1. wheel bearing

wheel bearing

2. mackconsult

Help ! Injector Pump Seal Leaks

Well crap. I took the pump apart and put new top and bottom seals on. Marked the covers so that I could at least try to get them back to the right spot. It turns over and sputters, like its trying to start, but won't run.
  3. mackconsult

VAGCOM in Portland, OR for B4V TDI

I ordered a seal kit and tool and hoping to fix the injection pump on my wifes car. Sounds like I need to hook up with some one that has a VAG COM after I do this ...... any takers ?
  4. mackconsult

Help ! Injector Pump Seal Leaks

95 B4V GLS with 1997 TDI transplant -> injeciton pump leak Just ordered the seal kit and special tool. I have read up on this repair about marking the cover and then using vag-com to ensure it all goes back together properly. Any other comments.
  5. mackconsult

Trying to replace wheel bearings

Thanks guys. All back together. Had a bad hub, and invested in a torque wrench to get the 195 ft/lb ..... $350 and 8 hrs into it and the alignment is just slightly off. Will get an alignment after I get some tires.
  6. mackconsult

Trying to replace wheel bearings

About two years ago I replaced the front wheel bearings on my wifes 95 passat wagon. Its a GLX model with a TDI transplant. Over the last few weeks the car started acting up so I jacked up the front end and sure enough there was play on the wheels. Got one side out but can't seem to get the...
  7. mackconsult

Can't get gas in passat

No offense taken. But you know how we diesel fanatics are.
  8. mackconsult

Can't get gas in passat

There has to be a better way than that.
  9. mackconsult

Can't get gas in passat

Dude look at my signature ....... I own nothing but diesels, except for my XR and my boat.
  10. mackconsult

Can't get gas in passat

So we have noticed that the turning of the key in the door lock is not unlocking some of the doors, and know we can't get the gas door open. Help please ...... is there any way to manually activate some of this stuff?
  11. mackconsult

Can't get start back in 95 passat TDI

Took some fidgeting, but that is almost exactly what I did and just got the bottom one in. Next time will be sure to jack up and keep jacked up during the swap, which hopefully I shouldn't have to do to often. Thanks
  12. mackconsult

Thanks Abacus, that is what I thought. Man what a bear .... I have loosened the 17 mm cap screw that holds the bell housing to the bracket. Jacked the motor up and still can't get either of the bolts to line up, in fact the bottom one is way off, top one is close. Not sure were to go from...
  13. mackconsult

Took the starter out a few weeks back to do a core return at LKQ, the unit that showed up had a broken connector so that had to get another one trucked up from California. So the starter mounting nuts sat out for a couple weeks. Not I can't seem to get em back in and I can see that maybe...
  14. mackconsult

B4 days may be ending

Well my imagination was running wild till I saw it. Fortunately she wasn't going very fast, there is now way there is any frame damage and its definetely drive-able. Just fix it later on down the road. Start looking for wrecked B4's because there are some front end components that are...
  15. mackconsult

B4 days may be ending

Wife just ran a red light and hit somebody. Its drive-able and she is on her way home. Hood got buckled and sounds like no one was hurt fortunately. We don't have collision on it so I am out of pocket on getting it fixed. May end up selling it :( Sucks being unemployed.
  16. mackconsult

Moving to 205/65 x 15

So do you think these would fit my GLX passat .... http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/3278139604.html
  17. mackconsult

Moving to 205/65 x 15

Any body have any information on the wheel size on this passat? It has a 5 bolt pattern from the GLX model .....
  18. mackconsult

Moving to 205/65 x 15

Cool, thanks for the post. I will give this size a shot and report back for others benefits.
  19. mackconsult

Moving to 205/65 x 15

Yeah its a great car, and almost paid for :o
  20. mackconsult

Moving to 205/65 x 15

Not sure on the control arms. The guy over in Mass who did the TDI swap on this GLX I now had to replace the springs .... Car was not riding right after taking the V6 out and putting the TDI in. Maybe I will do the shocks in back and struts in front first.