Search results

1. Greg Yohn

Ouch! Arm rest not padded enough for manual car.

I have a 2011 Jetta 6 speed. When I use my arm rest while shifting my elbow hurts since it presses down on the thinly padded arm rest. Figured out that I need to take it off and add grey foam padding used in bicycle handle bars but flat. Then reattach the vinyl and reinstall it. Any other ideas?
  2. Greg Yohn

High MPG Tires VS Snow and Rain Traction Tires

Anyone know what tires would be the best to get both good mileage, yet safety in wet and snow? My car spun out on a wet highway with plenty of tread left and I'll need to replace all 4 tires, too.
  3. Greg Yohn

Light Blue 96 TDI Passat in Lancaster Cty, PA

http://huberautocenter.com/salesdetail.asp?number=2350 It looks good!! I got my 98 Jetta from the same place. He has a bunch more TDI's. Greg
  4. Greg Yohn

Car Talk Slams TDI's Again!

Car Talk Slams TDI\'s Again! http://cartalk.cars.com/Radio/Show/Audio/200236/RA/s03.ram This link shows Car Talk is anti VW!! Have they ever driven a TDI? The call in listener drives 100,000 miles a yr. Isn't the New Beetle the most comfortable seat among the TDI's in America? They...
  5. Greg Yohn

Name of TDI Fest Attendees

Would it be possible to get a list of the TDI attendees using the name tags as a guide. I would like to thank someone for their assistance and can't remember their name.
  6. Greg Yohn

Delvac1 VS Amsoil Synthetic

I changed my oil from Amsoil synthetic to DelVac1. Usually, my temperature gauge moves when I get to the expressway about 3 blocks away. (I know this since I want to flip on my cooking oil.) Now, I have DelVac1 5w-40 and my temperature gauge does not move, until double approximately the...
  7. Greg Yohn

1998 Jetta Fuel Pump Capacity

Does anyone know the capacity of my fuel pump? I would like to use this amount to know how much cooking oil will be flushed out after switching from cooking oil back to regular diesel or biodiesel.
  8. Greg Yohn

Dead Battery

The last two days at work, I left my job and found my battery was dead, so I got EASILY pushed started it. It was parked for 9 hours, but my car would start easily in the morning after sitting 11 hours.I guess, I'll see if I start tomorrow. The battery is an original from 1998. Any other...
  9. Greg Yohn

50 MPG with Cooking Oil / 51 MPG Biodiesel

I'm sorry, I realize I only had 4.5 gal. and not 5 gal as I initially posted of WVO. I converted my car to run on used cooking oil and put in 4.5 gal of oil in my aux. fuel tank. I drove almost continously for 226 miles, doing the speed limit on the highway. I had flat roads crossing IL and IN...
  10. Greg Yohn

$1.609 Biodiesel At The Pump

Alert! I might have only found a B10 mixture of biodeisel, when I thought I was buying 100% biodisel!!! So I thought, I found a place selling 100% biodiesel at the pump for $1.61 with road tax, not $2.30 or $2.50 as I've previously seen! 24-7!! Its at the Fuel Depot in Delaware, OH, a...
  11. Greg Yohn

Cheap Body Side Molding Repair Tool

My front driver side molding keeps coming off. I guess, I haven't got enough adhesive to hold it good enough. As a temporary fix, I found a black bobby pin holds the molding in place and prevents it from flappy in the wind and coming further off.
  12. Greg Yohn

Cheap Biodiesel 5 Gal Storage Tanks $0.00

I get my 5 gal jugs for holding my biodiesel from a local restaurant that gets its new cooking oil in them. Rinse them out and use them! [ June 25, 2002, 15:32: Message edited by: Greg Yohn ]
  13. Greg Yohn

Energy Source Per BTU's!

Energy Source Per BTU\'s! Energy Source Cost Per Unit Cost per 100,000 BTU's Electricity 3,412 BTU's per KWH multiply .291 by the price per KWH Natural Gas 100,000 BTU per therm multiply 1.00 by the price per therm or 100,000 cubic ft. #2 Heating Oil 138,500 BTU per gallon multiply .722...
  14. Greg Yohn

B20 vs Low Sulphur Diesel

I filled up with B20 in Manchester, MI and almost got sick while working on the car from the engine running on the high 50 Cetane 80% diesel added to the clean 20% biodiesel. I found out from a local Sunoco technocrat that their sulphur is half the maximum content. I could barely tell I was...
  15. Greg Yohn

Philadelphia Biodiesel

World Energy has a Biodiesel terminal in Philadelphia, but no retail sites within a 200 mile round trip. Anyone looking to buy B20 or 100% biodiesel? I was in Manchester, Michigan last weekend, but I can't drive 650 miles to get more, although I filled up 3 five gal jugs, too. World Energy...
  16. Greg Yohn

Time Delayed Remote Locking Of Doors

This weekend, I had problems with my remote locking of my car doors using my key chain remote device. It took 1 minute, 8 seconds for the doors to lock AFTER pressing the lock button. The alarm would flash, which meant the battery was functioning. As it turned out, I was at Hondo's GTG in MI...
  17. Greg Yohn

Memorial Day Weekend Happenings

Anything happening this LONG weekend around within 300-400 miles from Philadelphia? My car is wanting to drive someplace!!
  18. Greg Yohn

My new 98 Jetta GLS

Great!! Folks just love it...Only paid $11,900 with 70,000 miles for my 98 Jetta GLS. My neighbor thought is was a 2002! GREAT! Family loves it! Doesn't know its a diesel when they ride in it! Sure beats my 1974 Mercedes-Benz 240D I traded in on it!! Definitely a car above my 1985 VW Jetta...