Search results

1. DK

2014 Heatercore

Fellow TDI drivers. Has anyone experienced heater core problems with their 2014 Golf TDI? Mine is scheduled to be replaced Tuesday. I understand 2014 Jettas were vulnerable. Thank you for any input. The Golf has 82K miles.
  2. DK

2002 Golf

As much as I hate to do it, the time has come to sell the '02. The new '14 is in the garage and we have plenty of payments to make. I filled the old girl today and she is leaking diesel (presumably from the upper tank) onto the driveway. We recently did brakes, front sway bar and my wife...
  3. DK

This Winter...

Should I use Power Service in the new 2014 TDI Golf? It gets real cold here in Massachusetts, and I always used additives in the 2002 that I still have. What say you all about the new engine and additives? Thanks for the input.:D
  4. DK

Pulled the trigger...

Fellow followers of Fred....I pulled the trigger and bought a new '14 Golf 6 speed. Am excited to be picking it up tomorrow. I must be crazy (and my wife will confirm it) because I don't want to give up the '02. She has 256K on her but is still strong as a horse. So, I will have to spread the...
  5. DK

Questioning new Golf.

Hi Folks, My 2002 Golf TDI has almost a quarter million miles on it. It is still running great. Having said that, I know it is time to think about a new one. I seek advice. Have the 2014 models proven to be trouble free so far? I'm thinking of taking the plunge in the spring. Thanks for...
  6. DK

Screwy Electronics Problem

Anyone experience the same thing? My Golf, ('02 GLS), has been resetting when I shut it down. Trip meter and clock reset to 00 and 12:00. Also, if I don't perform an exotic procedure in shutting down, the the alarm system will stay active even if I have unlocked the doors to get out. The alarm...
  7. DK

2002 Jetta Gasser

Hi,Gang. My daughter and I bought our VW's together. New in 2002. Mine a TDI, hers a 2.slow Jetta gasser. My TDI remains strong, but her Jetta will no longer pass Ma. inspection due to catalitic converter problems (800.00). It runs great, but she bailed and bought a 2013 Ford Escape. She...
  8. DK

Check Engine Light

hi Group, Had the light go on this morning. Checked it just now. PO673..cylinder 3 glow plug circuit came up. The 2002 Golf Gls 5 speed manual has close to 211k on her. Should I start out just replacing all 4 plugs? Thanks for some advice. :D
  9. DK

Road trip Cooperstown

Hi Gang, The Golf will take the wife and me to Cooperstown next week for some R&R. Is there any restaurant that can't be missed? Besides the Baseball Hall of Fame, what other places near there are a must see? Just wanting to confirm some of the research I've done. Locals or previous visitors...
  10. DK

'02 Golf. Electrical gremlin. Surprised?

Hey gang, I had to get my alternator replaced about a month ago. It was a no option other than have it towed to a dealer far from home. The car does strange things now. The alarm goes off when I get out if I am not careful. When the alarm goes off, the clock and trip meter reset. Maybe I'm...
  11. DK

Battery Replacement

Hi Gang, Had to replace the OEM battery in my '02 Golf last Sunday. It served me well. I expected to have to use the radio code after the new battery was online, but the Monsoon just came back on like nothing ever happened. No complaint, just thought that was weird. All I lost was my trip...
  12. DK

Another trip to Witsend

Hi Gang, Just wanted to say My '02 Golf and I spent the day yesterday in Richmond. 3 hours up. 7.5 hours of work with Herm in charge. New timing belt and complete brake job. Threw in a new fuel filter and air filter. Drove 3 hours back home in a car that ran like new. As usual, the man inspires...
  13. DK

The Ottawa trip

A big thanks :D to everyone who provided info for our trip. Got back today. Saw loads of tdis compared to America. We did the steam train, saw some jazz, searched through the Bymarket, and ate at some great restaurants. I've got to tell you, Mama Teresa's sauce and pasta are the best we've ever...
  14. DK

TDI powered trip to Ottawa

Hey all, We are planning a drive to Ottawa. Just wondering if any of you locals have a favorite restaurant. Jazz club? Also, are there sights we really should see? I'm planning on a loose kind of trip so we can be flexibile...
  15. DK

Minor Golf Repairs

Hi Gang, I'll tell you that I had some repair work done on the '02 Golf GLS today. The third brake light had ceased working. The rear wiper had also quit. The rear window washer spray quit early in the car's illustrious history. So it finally got to that point where it was time to do...
  16. DK

wipers on braking

Help! Why would my wipers go on when I use my brakes? Anyone? It is an 02 Golf 5m. DK
  17. DK

Very Weird Electrical Situation

Hey gang....I'm hoping someone can help with this new issue in my '02 Golf. What would you think if you applied the brakes, and your wipers went on? That is what is happening. For now, since it's dry, I've pulled fuse #24. I am at a loss to know what to do. Any suggestions? Please? DK
  18. DK

New super diesel car

Look what I found. Wish I had 75K and maybe a country estate:D http://www.gizmag.com/tridents-200mph-100mpg-iceni-biodiesel-sports-car-nears-production/9928/
  19. DK

Another Trip to Herm's Witsend

What can I say? A round trip of six hours driving, and ten hours with Herm working on the '02 Golf. First three hours of driving the car was mushy and noisy from a suspension system that was trash after 132K miles. Then there was ten hours of focused work, where the car was at times in what...
  20. DK

Hot Lap Audi

Hi gang, Regrets if this has already been shared. http://www.americanlemans.com/home/tracklap.htm enjoy, DK