Search results

1. Der MEKnIZEd Wolf

"Diesel At Last" Reformation of a '00 Golf..8•)>

Hey all, I am here to tell you that my Golf "Solomon" is up and running in 6th gear. Woohoo!! Why I waited so long to join this Club, I don't know. But, I'm glad I did when I did!!! All thanks to The Powers that Be and Fred's TDI Club. Everything I did to my MkIV has been through the awesome...
  2. Der MEKnIZEd Wolf

I think I actually scratched a hole in my head.

Does anyone know where this support brace lives in my MkIV? I'm sure it bolts in somewhere in the trans mount area. I just don't remember what it supports. Any ideas? Many thanks, mek
  3. Der MEKnIZEd Wolf

6 insulator clips - $30 = "robbery"

Someone has got sell the hood insulator squeeze square clips cheaper than $5 each the stealer wants, even discounted, that's insane. Any leads, Thanks
  4. Der MEKnIZEd Wolf

Still down with 6 spd swap, now crank is not turning.

Hey all, I been at this for a long time, on and off due to money and time over a year. I can see the finish line and now this....pain!!!!;( My MkIV ALH 5 to 6 speed swap and head install is almost finished. I started to do the timing belt and found my crank won't turn but one inch either way...
  5. Der MEKnIZEd Wolf

FS 02J ALH 5 spd trans and swap parts - Bug-a-paluza

Like the ad says a 5spd swap. Was asking $700, now $500 for the trans. You get what I don't use in my 6spd install. Palleted and well I might add, at 192lbs. 37341 TN. You can expect to receive an excellent shifting 02J transmission w/switches and engine plate, axles with good boots and cv's...
  6. Der MEKnIZEd Wolf

FS ALH 02J 5spd 212k $500 trans + $500 swap parts

Like the ad says a 5spd swap. Was asking $700, now $500 for the trans. The only thing better is me paying you to take it. I don't know how else to explain, YOU(the buyer) get what I don't use in my 6spd install. Palleted and well I might add, at 192lbs. 37341 TN. You can expect to receive an...
  7. Der MEKnIZEd Wolf

Did I miss the cult membership test to sell on this forum?

I am trying to unload this gear box/trans axle unit out of MY own car for a small fee, with OBO attached, which means Or Best Offer. Can someone tell me why a trans with 212k out of a Mk4 Golf, driven by someone that gets MANY miles out of transmissions can't seem to sell this trans of mine and...
  8. Der MEKnIZEd Wolf

FS or Trade - Mk4 ALH 5spd swap for $$ or ALH Mods

Anybody looking for a 5spd swap? Mine is still a contender for a stock application or could be the missing link for those wanting a "snap a neck torque monstdi", and would so desire to build it. 212k miles, mostly hwy and could go a long way further depending on the implementation. All is...
  9. Der MEKnIZEd Wolf

Headliner, and all cloth re-glue.

I'm wondering what to use in the case of a headliner sag and unglued door card fabric. I've waited to fix this issue because I am getting mixed ideas. Some people tell me to use tack adhesive, like 3M makes and others say thumb tacks for the headliner, yeah right thumb tacks. I know there is a...
  10. Der MEKnIZEd Wolf

WTB belly pan for B5

It's a Gas burner '01 Passat. I believe they're the same as TDI's.
  11. Der MEKnIZEd Wolf

Oem Golf hd Lmp Lenses

Great for back up. I polished them for the most, though they could use some more. $30 Shipped
  12. Der MEKnIZEd Wolf

Logical Diesel's not in North America....Propaganda or Not?

My belief of the subject of automotive manipulation in the US and maybe Canada(a little) is this. Media, Oil, EPA, and whatever Canada has, are in bed together, certainly for the $$$. The US three have been producing diesel's in other parts of the world for the last decade and more. Volkswagen...
  13. Der MEKnIZEd Wolf

Any ideas on limp trim?

My lone '00 gwolf has been great to me over the years. Now the glove box needs rplcd. Found one. Security system is not working rt., might be something to do with my door lock? Can't lock the car with key and it want do the windows anymore. Locking with trans., takes unlocking all to set alarm...
  14. Der MEKnIZEd Wolf

Need to do rear window regs....

I did both fronts, after avoiding the dealer, even with the recall received in '02. Never a mention about the rear, which are starting to sound bad. Checked the dealer and was told the reg is sold with the motor. Now, for the life of me, can't figure out why I need to replace perfectly good motors?
  15. Der MEKnIZEd Wolf

Finally....the toss of das dual-mas....

Just got the Valeo #52255602 solid flywheel clutch kit to replace a uncomfortable, groaning OEM dual-mass flywheel. I know you get what you pay for in life, and I'm not trying to enter the TDI CUP. I think this is a good replacement along with other mild deletions and additions, number one...
  16. Der MEKnIZEd Wolf

Lookin' for some hp and torque increase

Does anyone have some names for an intake, exhaust manifold, turbo, injector's, chip, head gskt, egr removal, not wanting to get too sick with this upgrade but definitely get over 200hp and 260-300tq. I will be doing this from the block up keeping the rotation asy stock at 200k so maybe...
  17. Der MEKnIZEd Wolf

TB mark is off(flywheel) WHY

Who knows? My IP pin is at 1:00 , cam is def. locked , and not 180 either because my pin and plate were in and flywheel mark was DBO(Dead Balls On) when I removed the belt. Now when I put the belt on its off about 6mm and I can have it lined up perfect and it goes out, so I retarded it and...
  18. Der MEKnIZEd Wolf

Headgskts, any preference

Hello , I guess I doing this right. I am a newbie to computers period. I got to do a WP,TB and possibly HDGSKT. Anyone have any info on what not to use for a HDGSKT? I've done the TB and know not to use the plastic or phenolic impeller WP. Anybody with words of wisdom?
  19. Der MEKnIZEd Wolf

Possibly faulty c.t.s?.. My babe is sick

My gauge went pegging 260 with no apparent over heating under the hood. Checked the jug it was good but my return rad hose was rock hard. Shut her down and the cooling fan wasnt running so within 2 minutes, I fired her up and the gauge said 190 so it should just be a sensor, well not so...