Search results

1. Carl Ulli

Replacing G28 Engine Speed Sensor

I should add a few details. 1) The reason the sensor was not working was that dust from the clutch (wear) eventually clouds the sensor from "viewing" the notches on the notched wheel. 2) The oil seal, by this time is "sweating" oil which makes the clutch wear dust form a thick cake on the...
  2. Carl Ulli

Hard Start / No Start - Is your intercooler frozen? Check Here!

Put a winter front on. See my avatar? That is my Jetta in the summer with only the three brass coloured snaps on each side showing. In fall the winter front cover goes on. I never have to do anything to it. Never take the CAC tube off, nothing. In late Spring the winter front comes off...
  3. Carl Ulli

There won't be any water build up in the upstream side, (source of air flow). Think about how a refrigerator works. The downstream side of the intercooler is downstream of the flow restriction which the fine tubing of the intercooler is. Condensate will build up on the left side, as in my...
  4. Carl Ulli

It won't suck any dirt into there as it is always under about 7-10 psi pressure. You have a turbo air intake system. Instead, a hole there would allow a watery, oily, big mess to always spray out of there and coat the whole underside of the engine bay and eventually all the way down the...
  5. Carl Ulli

So, you seem to be in a habit of draining the intercooler. Would you say you drained out a smaller amount each time in the past, but are now draining a large amount just this last time? I am thinking you should look closely if there is an o-ring on the connector. I think there is, as I...
  6. Carl Ulli

I don't believe it. The turbo pressurizes the intake air so it heats up. Then it goes through the intercooler to cool it but keep it under pressure so that there is more of it going into the combustion chambers of the engine. While leaving the intercooler there is enough of a pressure drop to...
  7. Carl Ulli

Rough judder, shaking, bad fuel economy

Where is the crankshaft position sensor on your engine?
  8. Carl Ulli

2014 Jetta TDI not starting after sitting for a week

It is over a week since you asked, have you got it going yet? The video you post is not about the car, but lots of fun! Your description is rather vague. What am I supposed to imagine by "concerning noise"?
  9. Carl Ulli

Here's a pretty good summation of the solution from this forum. I studied this problem several years ago right on this thread. People have tried various things from home-made drain valves which have to be opened regularly to empty the water out to the sophisticated dealer update which they...
  10. Carl Ulli

Replacing G28 Engine Speed Sensor

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this. It is well written indeed! I now know it is better to avoid the oil spill on my driveway, and the long and complicated job it is to do this. My car has 275000 Km. on it now; would that be a normal life span for the G28 sensor?
  11. Carl Ulli

It may have actually been the smell of hot engine crankcase oil fumes, or a combination of both that and the exhaust fumes. It did not smell like that the next 3 times I drove the car and I haven't driven it since yet. (I am stuck home and not allowed to get out due to the corona virus self...
  12. Carl Ulli

Well Guys, it is one day later and, although the car started and ran really well, I will have to reverse this modification back to normal. As the EGR opened up, seemingly, I began to smell exhaust fumes. Even through that very tiny hole! So to those of you who were considering drilling a hole...
  13. Carl Ulli

Here is what I did: I have known about this problem for quite some time but had few instances of it happening to my car. (2012 Jetta with the CJAA engine) Well it happened to me this weekend. I had been visiting in-laws yesterday, had the full hydrolock, so I left it and got home by another...
  14. Carl Ulli

Fuel filler door plunger part number request

I have found a way to prevent the fuel door to lock when locking the car doors using VAG-COM. I did this on my wife's 2012 Golf Wagon because it had intermittent problems. The only drawback is that the fuel door can no longer be locked with the rest of the car. I found it somewhere in the coding.
  15. Carl Ulli

Oil Temperature Sensor location CJAA engine

Huraaay! It's fixed! Thank you to all of you who helped me figure this out. Thanks especially to Henrick after you told me I have to go back to some original settings. Setting the oil quality to "good" enabled you long-life intervals service schedule. So you actually enabled Long-Life service...
  16. Carl Ulli

Possibly, but the timing doesn't seem right. After the first oil change I did there was no problem. I had to use VAG COM to reset the service interval since the dashboard method didn't work. There were two settings I had to reset. It was in Instruments (17) and I only remember vaguely that...
  17. Carl Ulli

The VAG COM fault is in the Instruments (17) controller. Elsewhere I found that the Oil Temp Sensor gives a reading of -58 deg. C even though my ambient temp is actually +6 deg. C. I thought I had saved that too but apparently not. You will also note that the oil light is red when the start...
  18. Carl Ulli

Ok, so I had a look and found nothing. There was a spot on the bottom of the oil pan where a sensor could have been mounted in the casting but no holes drilled and tapped for screws or anything like that. I tried to look near the oil filter and oil cooler housing but there is too much stuff in...
  19. Carl Ulli

No, did not hit anything. Belly pan is still there and not broken. Thanks, and I will have a look at the wires & fuse.
  20. Carl Ulli

I have a 2012 Jetta 2.0l TDI. When I start the engine the oil light flashes yellow for about 4-5 times and then goes out. VAG Com tells me to look at the oil temp sensor. It is a hard code, comes back instantly after clearing. If someone could guide me as to where to find it I would really...