Search results

1. Z

FS: Pela Oil Extractor $25 - (Reno)

Sorry, it was sold. John
  2. Z

Yeah, just drive on over and pick it up! Probably worth the trip!
  3. Z

Hi All, Sadly, I sold my TDI several years ago. Getting ready to move I found my Pela Oil Extractor sitting in the garage. I'm selling it for $25 local only. Thanks John
  4. Z

FS: 2002 Jetta TDI- Reno, NV

Sold - thanks for looking. I'll admit that it was rather sad selling this car. I'd become attached to it.
  5. Z

Trauma - Can't e-mail you since your e-mail address is not in your profile. New price is $9,500 since it was previously listed at $10,500. Sale is pending. If it doesn't go through today, I'll let you know and post here. Thanks John
  6. Z

Will e-mail pictures.
  7. Z

Changed price. Any interest?
  8. Z

SOLD-FS: 2002 Jetta TDI- Reno, NV, Price Change One owner, silver 2002 VW Jetta TDI, body and interior very good condition - no rips, tears or dings. AT, AC, tinted windows, heated seats & mirrors, front bra, 36 mpg city & 40+ highway (have records showing mpg). Everything works. Has 112K...
  9. Z

High mileage automatics

Only 105,000 miles on my 02 Jetta with automatic. Had filters and fluid replaced at 75,000 by Drivbiwire when he did timing belt for me. So far so good! John
  10. Z

Brake light switch recall - again !!

I bought mine new from dealer and I've not received a notice either.
  11. Z

Auto transmission behavior

Just how much of a problem - 10% of AT's? I've not heard of it before. I've got an AT with 99,000 miles on it and no problems at all. Have replaced the fluid and filters at 75K. Thanks
  12. Z

Mobil Recommends Mobil 1 0W-40 for TDI

wildgrizzly - I paid more than I wanted to pay! Bought a 1 gallon container of Delvac 1 for $32 which means it was $8 per quart. The ones I got at Kragen Auto were only $5.99 each - there were also the last in any of the Kragen stores in Reno. If the new oil isn't out next time, guess I'll...
  13. Z

Yes, got the 5-40 variety. I made the mistake a couple of weeks ago in Yuma and grabbed a quart of oil that turned out to be 5-30. Thanks
  14. Z

I've been looking for Delvac 1 to do a service. Got 4 quarts at a truck stop and found the last two quart bottles of Mobil 1 SUV & Pickup in Reno! Now I've got enough with a little extra. Browsing the Mobil website, they have an "oil selector" for you to put in your vehicle and they recommend...
  15. Z

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

I hate it that our cars fuel on the passenger side. Makes getting in line hard! My solution has been to back into the line! That way I don't have to go nose to nose with big pickup trucks and SUVs that will not let me in.
  16. Z

Hard starting when cold, for the 10,000th time!

OK - car starts as normal but REALLY chugs (and not beer). Sort of acts like someone is reving the engine by pressing up and down on accelarator but it is very low like it might die. After driving and warming up, it runs fine. Outside temps 45 degrees! Any ideas? Got 90K, DBW did timing...
  17. Z

Springs Under Front Seats Fell Off

Yep, I started that thread. Will note that spring has not made any difference in how the seat adjust or anything. I also believe the car manual says not to adjust the seat height while you are in the seat. John
  18. Z

How difficult is fuel filter change?

Another tip someone shared with me - keep a couple of golf tees and when taking hose off fuel filter stick a gold tee into the hose. Works great. Of course, works better after you get the hose off the first time! That was not fun and very hard. Bought a bunch of spare hose clamps at VW...
  19. Z

Cold Start - Engining Uneven?

When I start my TDI (02, Auto, 90k miles) first thing in the morning (50 degrees temp), or after sitting a long time, the engine acts like someone is quickly depressing the acelarator up and down. It continues to do this until after the car warms up. Any ideas what causes this? Has only...