Search results

1. K

Engine settings for optimum economy/power Golf Mk4 ALH

Have a VagCom and good with tools. Recent replacement of the 10mm IP means settings are no longer dialed in for optimum operation. Have a standard 2001 turbocharged Golf 1.9TDI manual shift with no chip modifications done nor wanted. The intake is clean, the EGR disabled, and the injectors...
  2. K

Crankcase speed sensor testing

deleted
  3. K

deleted
  4. K

deleted
  5. K

PROBLEM SOLVED - Failing to find out if there was any way to test for a good crankcase speed sensor, sometimes called a crankcase position sensor, I purchased a new one and my car now starts again. I also now have a test to offer to others. Symptoms: Go to start the car and it sputters for...
  6. K

ALH Mk4 engine not starting - how increase fuel delivery

Deleted with solution provided at: Crankcase speed sensor testing
  7. K

on board computers VW Golf 2001 ALH Mk4

deleted
  8. K

IP harness bypass to idle car during troubleshooting

Understand there is a way to jumper the pins on the IP in order to be able to start up a car; essentially bypassing any harness and computer caused issues. Understand it will only run at idle; but, that would be a good start since my car won't start with new commercially-rebuilt IP and...
  9. K

rebuilt IP - engine won't start

10. K

IP nut sizes/sources

deleted
  11. K

ALH MKIV-A4 Golf cranks, sputters, then quits

12. K

Mk4 ALH Jetta auto: runs only a few secs until reach 180F water temp then all is OKay

I do get around. Looking for someone with a VCDS near Crawfordville Florida. Even more valuable would be what the initial engine start up computer sequence is as it appears to be checking sensors and acting accordingly. Once the operating temperature on the dash reads 180F, the computer seems...
  13. K

Mk4 ALH Jetta auto: runs only a few secs until reach 180F water temp then all is OKay

Brother's 200K ALH engine VW Jetta automatic will start and run for a few seconds before it quits. He can restart the engine over and over again with it staying on by a few more seconds each time. It runs longer if he can keep the RPM above idle while allowing it to reach idle means dead...
  14. K

Engine stops 3-6 seconds after start until warmed up

Deleted - Moved to General Discussion since on this forum it was receiving no attention.
  15. K

Mk4 ALH suspected turbo bearing failure - need info

July 2012 update with turbo problem found - Replies confirmed suspicion the turbo had failed also saying the causes are rarely known. Replies identified the VNT15 is a journal type versus the ball bearing type so not repairable. Replies mentioned that lack of sufficient lubrication...
  16. K

Turbo oil supply lines - to restrict or not?

There are a couple of threads relating to issues with the turbo oil supply line; some call for restrictors and some not. I am replacing my #$%^& hard line with a braided one with standard easily obtainable end connectors. That means replacing the existing adaptors to ones with AN4 male ends...
  17. K

Deleted as now moot - latest update at initial post - replaced turbo with cause determined.
  18. K

Deleted as moot posting - see start of latest update - turbo replaced cause discovered.