Search results

1. 2

Front turn signal light problem

I have this problem so bad that the metal connector on the bulb holder side has burned through entirely and made a hole in the connector prong! Is there like a redesigned or improved bulb holder version, or perhaps we need a lower current drawing bulb? Seems like a common problem.
  2. 2

FS: B4 Passat Factory Repair Manual Bentley

I have this posted on Ebay. If your interested I can sell off of ebay as well. let me know! https://www.ebay.com/itm/283639956068?ul_noapp=true Chris
  3. 2

Questions regarding aftermarket stereo

I've been wanting to swap in a new deck so I can play music from an aux or Bluetooth input as well but I prefer to keep all the stock wiring and look of the oem stereo. I've had bad luck with the tape adapters but I did just purchase a $20 one called i simple (purchased at car toys) and I'd say...
  4. 2

New control arms difficult fit -suggestions

I just replaced my control arm bushings with the stiffer Audi TT bushings which I think are the same as yours essentially. I had a lot of trouble too but was able to replace them without removing the strut, tie rod or axle. The only solution I found was to first get the rear bushing in place...
  5. 2

FS: 1996 Passat TDI

See link, in Seattle area: https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/vw-passat-tdi-1996-b4/6578255043.html Let me know if your interested. Chris
  6. 2

Another Blue Smoke Thread...

Good to hear your success with the diesel purge. I have used that stuff on both the B4's I have owned and never saw any difference in smoking or mpg.
  7. 2

Another Blue Smoke Thread...

I've owned 2 B4 tdi's and they both did this to some degree. The 96 I have now is worse, puts out a bit of smoke (smells like diesel) at startup, seems to have no rhyme or reason, and is very random. Typically it does it more when its cold, but I've seen it do it warm too. To me it seems like...
  8. 2

Rhythmic belt squeal

I got my latesy one at bora parts for $100, had it in for a year now with no issues.
  9. 2

Rhythmic belt squeal

This is a classic issue with these motors. Out of the two cars I have fixed it on it has been the crank pulley with the rubber dampener in it. This guy is what you need: 028105243T The belt tensioner can a make a slight improvement but my bet is on the above.
  10. 2

B4 resets Clock to 1:00 and Trip Meter to 0.0 during start sequence

I have the same problem, happens more when its warmer out. New battery did not fix my issue, still need to do this capacitor thing.
  11. 2

Brake Bleeding Problems

I had this same problem when bleeding my brakes too, I believe I have the same motive power bleeder. The rears wouldn't really bleed at all, the fronts a little better, its seemed to help a little if I pushed on the brake pedal with the bleeder hooked up but ultimately I ended up using the old...
  12. 2

coolant temp sensor housing 028121132A in metal

Oh, beautiful, just what I was looking for. Do you have pictures with the expansion tank nipple port?
  13. 2

coolant temp sensor housing 028121132A in metal

I'm reviving this one as I couldn't find anything else in the search. I could;ve sworn I saw somebody that was making the top coolant flange piece that comes off the head in aluminum??? Bueller?
  14. 2

B4 Front Window Regulator Stop

Great link. Where has that been all my life! My window worked over the weekend with lots of use so I'm considering it fixed for now, looks like the tack welds as they came were just weak...now I've got gnarly ticking noises that seem to be coming from the injection pump, always something to...
  15. 2

B4 Front Window Regulator Stop

Hi there, I'm trying to understand what the plastic egg shaped piece in the window regulator does. It appears to be a stop for the window/motor at the top and bottom of the stroke but I've also heard that the window is stopped by bottoming it out in the door frame and that extra load on the...
  16. B4 Window Regulator Plastic stop

B4 Window Regulator Plastic stop

B4 Window Regulator Plastic stop
  17. 2

Where to get AC clutch kit these days?

The clutch on my compressor went out, and as others said I just picked up a used one from a junkyard. Should be able to find some good used ones.
  18. 2

where to buy rear calipers for a 1996 Passat?

I would also avoid ecs tuning parts, I went through three of the alum. Mk4 calipers and finally ended up buying local from autovice bow wow. Not sure where they get their parts but mine worked straight away. The ecs ones I had leaked fluid from the e brake mechanism.
  19. 2

Front Wheel Growl on B4 even after Wheel Bearing Replaced

I know this is old but it's the same problem I'm having. My tires are only about 14 months old and have 20,000 miles on them. They look great visually and appear to have lots of life left..did you ever sort out your problem?
  20. 2

Wet behind the front seats and more

I resolved at least one of my leaks, turned out to be related to the grommet pass through where the hood release cable goes through the firewall. I thought I had checked it prior, but it definitely was the source of my leak. Whats funny is the grommet wasn't popped in all the way into the sheet...