Search results

1. T

If you recently bought fuel in Tolland, CT...

Diesel Fuel Sold In Tolland Could Contain Gasoline, Officials Say The Hartford Courant5:28 PM EST, January 23, 2009...
  2. T

Woochow passed away.

Just thought I would mention here that my co-worker and friend Bob aka Woochow passed away on Tuesday. I know he was very active here on the forums at one time and thought some might want to know. He apparently died in his sleep at 47. May he rest in peace.
  3. T

Volkswagen Hires Ex-Chrysler Officer (NY Times)

FRANKFURT, Oct. 6 - Volkswagen, plucking a fallen star from a rival German carmaker, announced on Wednesday that Wolfgang Bernhard, a former DaimlerChrysler executive known for his cost-cutting skills and new-product flair, will take over its ailing flagship car brand. Mr. Bernhard, 44, had...
  4. T

Biodiesel article in NY Times mentions TDIs

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/22/science/earth/22FUEL.html
  5. T

Can you identify this part?

Can you help me identify this part? It was found (by WOOCHOW) under the hood, on top of the drivers side shock tower at the CT TDI Barn upon opening my hood. It is a 2002 Jetta TDI. I cleaned the snowscreen about two weeks ago, and did it again yesterday to see if I could find where I might...
  6. T

NY Times article about diesel as alternative fuel.

(Would have posted under news section but can't post there.) March 8, 2003 Europe's Carmakers Sticking With Diesel By MARK LANDLER GENEVA, March 5 — Chalk it up to the widening gap in the way Europeans and Americans look at the world. Last week, General Motors brought its prototype of a...
  7. T

2 second shudder on cold start?

OK - this is my first post here, so please take it easy on me. My 2002 Jetta TDI has 13,000 miles on it. On the colder mornings we have had thus far (below 40 degrees F) the engine shudders for a couple seconds and smokes excessively for upon starting, then immediately smoothes out and runs...