Search results

1. J

Chicago 2009 TDI Owners: Non-Biodiesel Support Group

New Forum Leader I sold my TDI today and will no longer be actively participating on this forum. If someone would like to take over the non-biodiesel station list, please let me know. Good luck to everyone!
  2. J

BP in Bloomingdale As of today the following station has been removed from the list: BP 136 S. Gary Ave., Bloomingdale, IL 60108 630-529-0262 Submitted by: Jetta09Chicago on 12/8/09 When I stopped by this morning, I noticed that the diesel pump now bears a sticker disclosing 5%-20% biodiesel.
  3. J

Thanks, tlak77! I have deleted the Carpentersville BP station from the master list. Apparently it is no longer true that all corporate-owned BP stations are reliable sources of petrodiesel. As with most other chains, each individual station must be investigated. It is sad to see our list...
  4. J

Master List Updated I have updated the master list (Post #2) with some additions and deletions contributed over the past several weeks. Thanks for your ongoing support of this resource for Illinois 2009-2010 TDI owners! Kirk
  5. J

Updates Greetings... I have once again updated the master list (Post #2) to reflect all of the latest contributions. Fifteen months after I began this thread, the members of this group have identified 64 non-bio stations in the Chicago area and 5 in downstate Illinois. Please keep those...
  6. J

Consumer Reports (March 2010)

The March 2010 issue of Consumer Reports offers a report, "Small Cars: Two VW Golf Models Top the Small Hatchback Category" (Pages 52-59). They divide the market into Small Hatchbacks/Wagons and Small Sedans. Following are the rankings of the VW cars in each category. Apparently the rankings...
  7. J

TDI UOA Database

I added the data from my 20,000-mile used oil analysis at Post #107. For my 2009 CBEA engine, the "wear ratio" went from 14.7888 at 10,000 miles down to 11.678 at 20,000 miles. Will someone be updating the full results on Page 1? It looks like the club average goes back to August 2009. Thank...
  8. J

Updates Thanks to b4black, who contacted me with a couple of updates: 1. We have added a new non-biodiesel Mobil station in North Aurora. 2. The BP station in Winnetka no longer offers premium diesel, just conventional D2. Please keep those suggestions coming!
  9. J

Tlak77, thanks for contributing to this thread! Please see Post #207 which has a quote from BP's corporate office regarding AM/PM stations. If you look at our master list, we do have stations in Hoffman Estates and Schaumburg and Rolling Meadows. Hopefully some of these are reasonably close...
  10. J

More BP Stations . . . Tonight I discovered that BP's AM/PM convenience store chain actually has a separate website: www.ampm.com. I used this site to identify several new non-bio BP stations by cross-referencing that list against BP diesel pumps within a 50-mile radius of downtown Chicago...
  11. J

BP in Bloomingdale For those of you in northern DuPage County, tonight I discovered another non-biodiesel BP station: BP 136 S. Gary Ave. Bloomingdale, IL 60108 630-529-0262 This is a BP corporate-owned station, as indicated by the presence of an AM/PM convenience store. Just a reminder--if...
  12. J

Mobil in Joliet dzcad90, thanks for the referral to Mobil at I-55 and U.S. 52. I have added it to the master list. When doing a Google search, I could not find a Mobil at that interchange, but there was a Mobil at 4303 W. Jefferson (U.S. 52) in Shorewood. If that was the station you...
  13. J

Hi, PalosParked ... I agree with you that we should list stations that offer up to B5, just as long as they do not switch to a blend >B5 on a seasonal basis. Thanks for following up with Feece Oil!
  14. J

Hi everyone! I absolutely want to keep the discussion going. I have been absent recently due to a broken foot that has altered my routine. I hope to be more active again. There was a Highway 41 Citgo mentioned above. Do we have an address that I can post in the master list? We need to...
  15. J

biodiesel in 2009 TDIs

Does anyone know when VW of America will release its conclusions and any recommendations regarding use of B20 for the 2009 Jetta TDI? As I understand it, VW was previously hampered by lack of a B20 standard, but now an ASTM standard exists. I wonder when the test results will be released...
  16. J

Citgo in Lemont BTL, thanks for your submission! I have flagged Citgo in Lemont as a "premium" non-biodiesel station in the master list. To our Chicago members, I would still love to add some non-bio stations on the North, Northwest and West Side of the city. So far we only have listings in...
  17. J

Chicago-Area VW Service Departments

DuPage Auto Werks? Does anyone have any experiences to report with the following service shop? Illinois DuPage Auto Werks, Ltd. 850 Meadowview Crossing Drive West Chicago, IL 60185 (630) 231-4444 www.dupageautowerks.com/webpage/htmls/homepage.html It was listed in the thread, Trusted TDI...
  18. J

Miscellaneous Responses Hi, everyone . . . I have updated the master list in Post #2 to reflect all of the confirmed non-bio stations submitted over the past few days. BTL, was anyone at Food 4 Less in Joliet able to confirm the fuel as non-bio? Let me know if any employees can validate...
  19. J

Finally . . . Confirmed City Petrodiesel! Hey, PalosParked . . . You get a gold star for submitting the first confirmed non-bio stations within Chicago's city limits. Congratulations! When I look back over several recent postings about Chicago stations, we see examples of people encountering...
  20. J

Meijers Diesel

An important consideration for 2009 TDI owners is that the diesel fuel have no more than a 5% biodiesel concentration (B5 or less). Here in Illinois, as well as several other states, there are biodiesel tax incentives or mandates that make it difficult to find the proper fuel. A few months...