Search results

1. B

MN Chat Thread

Not a focus It’s so not a focus in my life but if you’ve ever had a car that never let you down, then you may understand and we can’t walk in each other’s shoes but only learn from the travels we each have taken. Everyone has a story.
  2. B

2002 VW Jetta TDI $1500 obo - MN

I'm selling my 2002 Jetta TDI with 233k on it. New battery from Costco installed on 7/6/18 for $170. I'm going to be very honest about my little baby. She still runs. Had an auto to manual swap in 2012. Current needs - rear drivers side brake caliper, exhaust repair which is throwing CEL, new...
  3. B

MN Chat Thread

2002 Jetta TDI - needs to go $1500 obo 7/6/18 new battery from Costco I’m selling my 2002 Jetta TDI with 233k on it. I’m going to be very honest about my little baby. She still runs. Had an auto to manual swap in 2012. Current needs - rear drivers side brake caliper, exhaust repair which is...
  4. B

2002 Jetta TDI-Minneapolis-Saint Paul MN

Price added now Thank you!
  5. B

2002 Jetta TDI-Minneapolis-Saint Paul MN

I’m selling my 2002 Jetta TDI with 233k on it. $1500 or best offer. I’m going to be very honest about my little baby. She still runs. Had an auto to manual swap in 2012. Current needs - rear drivers side brake caliper, exhaust repair which is throwing CEL, new tires, and potentially a flywheel...
  6. B

MN Chat Thread

I’m selling my 2002 Jetta TDI with 233k on it. I’m going to be very honest about my little baby. She still runs. Had an auto to manual swap in 2012. Current needs - rear drivers side brake caliper, exhaust repair which is throwing CEL, new tires, and potentially a flywheel problem but it could...
  7. B

MN Chat Thread

Does anyone know Greengeekers phone number or shop name? Currently stuck in a parking lot with an 02 Jetta TDI that won’t start
  8. B

MN Chat Thread

Turbo out Posting for a friend to see if anyone recommends someone to replace turbo in their TDI. She lives in Andover and was just quoted $3300. I will try to get Year details in a bit. It is an 09 Jetta.
  9. B

MN Chat Thread

02 Jetta TDI - sell private or trade in I'm considering selling my 02 Jetta TDI with just over 200k miles. Should I sell privately or trade it in? And what is the private sale value after the VW diesel debacle? It has the typical front fender rust on the drivers side but otherwise rust free...
  10. B

How to block your front grill with pipe insulation

Just did it this morning! Beautiful feeling to have heat! 1.99 for 12 ft. Easy!
  11. B

01m to 5speed noob question

You need Matt to do it! Quick and reliable. Completely happy with my swap and I just wish he would move to MN.
  12. B

Fuel Injector Pump

The problem is the he is a she. :) But I am buying the 10mm and returning the 11mm core.
  13. B

Fuel Injector Pump

I bought it from Bora. Mine went kaput. Made the mechanic triple check to make sure that was the real reason because I just can't handle throwing parts (especially expensive ones) at the car. Long story short it sounded like two semis were driving next to me in a tunnel. It was intermittent at...
  14. B

Fuel Injector Pump

I'm on it....
  15. B

Fuel Injector Pump

I'm looking for a lead or a good source for a fuel injector pump. I have an 02 Jetta TDI with a tran swap from auto to manual. Preferable to do a rebuild swap so I don't have to wait for mine to be rebuilt. Does anyone have a good source? I appreciate everyone's advice/help.
  16. B

Contact info for Matt98-Ahu

Best guy ever! He did my 5 speed swap.
  17. B

Infamous o1m **** the bed

Sorry all, too busy enjoying my car after I posted. And the best thing I've ever spent money on! Fuel economy is crazy good. Labor was $800. My tranny sourced through car-parts.com was $650. Then you need the miscellaneous parts. Starter, axles, clutch, fluid, master cylinder, gear box, and...
  18. B

Infamous o1m **** the bed

I did the 5 speed swap one month ago and I love every single thing about it! Do NOT hesitate to do it. The rebuilt from VW is about 4200. I did a swap for $2000 and that included some other miscellaneous maintenance while we were at it.
  19. B

02 Jetta TDI auto to manual conversion

Matt just finished my transmission conversion and in one day! Highly recommend if you are teetering on doing it and not doing it. I was ready to cut my losses and I'm happy that I took the chatroom's advice and connected with Matt! Top notch guy!
  20. B

02 Jetta TDI Auto Tran 162k

Sounds great! I actually sent you a message through your website, because on the chat you were recommended!