Search results

1. boutmuet

09 Jetta Nav Ipod jack suddenly not working

I came in my car the other day to find that instead of my Ipod playing music it kept skipping through its songs on my screen and didn't actually play them. I have the stock navigation unit with the armrest VW iPod cable and an ipod classic. I can access the iPod menus and music list from my...
  2. boutmuet

Shell Nitrogen Enriched Diesel

Saw this article on gasbuddy, thought that I would share it here. http://fleetowner.com/green/archive/shell-tests-engine-oil-diesel-fuel-formula-0118/
  3. boutmuet

Another GM Diesel?

http://www.fastcompany.com/1691627/coming-soon-a-gm-branded-diesel-car
  4. boutmuet

64-65 Mustang TDI Conversion

I was wondering what a TDI conversion of a 1965-66 Ford Mustang with a manual transmission would entail. Now I am living in California so is true that since the car is older than 1972 it would require no emissions checking? I appreciate the response.
  5. boutmuet

Topping off fuel

I searched throughout the forum for this topic but could not find the effects if any of "topping off" the fuel in a 09 TDI, filling the tank after the pump has clicked off so you can see the fuel at the top of the filler neck. I recognize many people on this forum top the fuel off in their cars...
  6. boutmuet

Southern Cal. TDI

Saw this in a parking lot when I stopped to get groceries in Newport Beach, CA.
  7. boutmuet

Yorba Linda TDI

Around 2:30 today I saw a white 09 or 10 sportwagen with a tdiclub license plate frame on the back about around Yorba Linda Blvd and Valley View.
  8. boutmuet

Scangauge Speed

Having issues calibrating my scangauge in my 2009 TDI for speed. I calibrated it with my gps and even the speed reading seems correct but it always shows less miles than I actually traveled in my trip computer on the SG than what my car's odometer says by about 10 miles or so usually. Is it...
  9. boutmuet

B5 Bay Area

I am going up to the Bay Area near the end of this month. Are there any good fuel stations that carry B5 around the bay area? I can't use more than B5 in my 2009 (At least officially). Thanks!
  10. boutmuet

OC to Dallas

Planning this summer a trip a little over 3000 miles with a buddy of mine from Orange County to Oklahoma City then down to Dallas going through Tuscon than back to Orange County. Wish I had more time for road trips but I don't. Any stops a long the way anyone could suggest? Being close to...
  11. boutmuet

Climbing Stradigy

Is there any stradigy for getting better mileage my daily mountainous commute. Its impossible to avoid hills on my commute. Thanks for the response.
  12. boutmuet

Golf TDI in Long Beach

Saw a gray Golf TDI in Long Beach driving on the 405 around 8AM between the Studebaker and Palo Verde exits. The bumper was very sooty.
  13. boutmuet

Traveling to Arizona

I am traveling to Tempe, AZ from California in a few days to see a friend. Do all gas stations in Arizona that carry diesel fuel have ULSD or do I have to seek it out? The reason why it is necessary is because I have a 2009 TDI with the DPF's in which LSD wrecks. Also is diesel fuel in...
  14. boutmuet

12 Volt Charger No Longer Charges

Kind of an odd problem, my 12 volt charger in the front console doesn't charge my phone or my ipod anymore. I worked a few days ago but suddenly doesn't charge any of my devices. I tried charging 3 different ones that worked before but to no avail. Hope this isn't a massive electrical problem.
  15. boutmuet

Mobil/Exxon ULSD Cetane

This might not be in the right section but please forgive me. I thought I'd share this with TDIclub members.. I finally got an email from Exxon/Mobil regarding their ULSD cetane levels. I asked specifically about California sold diesel but I highly doubt that it would be any differet than any...
  16. boutmuet

Mobil Diesel Loud Clatter

I don't know if this is as a result of the tank of Mobil ULSD in my car or that my car is "breaking in" but I have noticed the diesel clatter on my '09 TDI has gotten louder. DBW said that break in's would temporarily make the TDI louder but he stated with was only around 5k miles.. I am only...
  17. boutmuet

Trunk Doesn't fully open automatically

I noticed on edmounds inside line blog of their 2009 TDI that the truck when the trunk button is pressed from the Volkswagen keyflob completely opens. When I press the truck button on my key flop it just barely opens. Is there some sort of latch problem? Or something wrong with my set of keys?
  18. boutmuet

Filling car with diesel

My low fuel warning was on so I took my car to a local 76 station to fill her up with diesel. The pump wouldn't allow me to fill up the car completely! The pump kept clicking off about 4 times until my fuel gauge appeared somewhat full but visually not completely. Is there some sort of method...
  19. boutmuet

09 TDI Arrived

Here's some pictures of my new TDI, just got it this morning. Will take some better pictures later. Enjoy :D
  20. boutmuet

Costa Mesa TDI

I saw this dark blue Jetta TDI station wagon in the parking lot of Denny's and Motel 6 on Harbor Blvd. at around 9:30 to 10 am today, wonder if it is a club member. It has a South Bay VW license plate frame. Here is the picture.