Search results

1. H

98 AHU SINGLE MASS FLYWHEEL with CLUTCH G60 $75

I have a used single piece flywheel and clutch that came out of a 98 Jetta TDI. I have been told this is the same flywheel that the G60 uses. $75 plus shipping. I can send pics if you give me your email address. I can also supply a shipping cost if you tell me your address. Shipping should...
  2. H

1988 Suzuki Samurai with TDI engine

http://burlington.craigslist.org/ctd/2934110969.html $8200 It truly pains me to list this for sale, after all the countless hours and $$$ I have invested into it. But my priorities have changed, and unfortunately I do not have the time for this vehicle that it deserves. I've showed cost...
  3. H

WANTED: New Beetle Muffler

Looking for a muffler for a 99 new beetle tdi. I replaced mine with a straight pipe a few years ago, looking to get back to stock noise levels. I'm located in Brattleboro VT, but often travel to Albany NY. Also plan on traveling near Buffalo NY in the near future. Let me know what you have!
  4. H

Wtb: Ahu kkk k03 turbo!

Looking for a turbo that will fit a 98 AHU, needs to be functional and not burn enough oil to blow a smokescreen out the exhaust! Messages can be sent to husseycm@gmail.com for faster response. Pictures would also be great. Thanks! -Christopher
  5. H

AHU parts for sale, transmission, ECU, injection pump, alternator, headlights...

Parts are from a 98 jetta that ran and drove with no problems, no check engine lights. Was parted out due to rust. I believe it had a bit under 200kmi. 5 speed transmission (shifted fine into and out of all gears, no grinding. one bolt broke during removal somewhere near where the shift cables...
  6. H

K03 turbocharger blowing oil?

I am in the process of installing an engine from a 98 jetta tdi into a suzuki samurai. My problem is with the turbo. When the engine was still in the jetta, it ran and drove fine, with no noticeable smoke out the exhaust, and no check engine light. When I test start it in the samurai, I get oil...
  7. H

WANTED! K03 AHU turbo, good or not so good

Looking for a K03 turbo that will fit a 98 jetta tdi. Good usable condition is a plus, but I would also be interested in a turbo that uses oil. Let me know what you have and how much you want shipped to zip 05301 in VT. Thanks!
  8. H

Need new clutch! Will a Mk3 ahu flywheel fit a Mk4 alh?

Was driving my 99 beetle today, went to stop and noticed some unusual pulsations through the clutch pedal. While stopped and idling, there is noise coming from the clutch/flywheel. Also more difficult to get into gear. Symptoms of a failing DMF? I have a flywheel from a 98 tdi. It is a single...
  9. H

Smoke, shaking, no boost after cold starts.

99 beetle, 5 speed, 150kmi. Seems when my car has been sitting for over 12-24 hours and the temp is bellow freezing, I have some starting issues. I cycle the glow plugs 2-3 times and the car starts right up, but the engine also shakes, the rpms are not steady, and it spews out black smoke from...
  10. H

Mystery Mtdi pump

I recently acquired an Mtdi injection pump which I know very little about. I wanted to see if anyone here could recognize any parts of it. The previous owner told me it was built by a Skoda engineer in the Czech Republic who puts together Mtdi pumps in his spare time. He did not remember any...
  11. H

98 Jetta Part Out

Black 98 jetta TDI that I bought for the engine. May also keep the trans and wiring harness. Anything else is up for grabs. Car is located in Saratoga NY. Black exterior, gray cloth interior in great shape. Body is a bit banged up. Airbags are good, front calipers look very new. Windshield is...
  12. H

WANTED! ALH turbocharger

I need a new turbo for my 99 ALH beetle to get it back on the road. Looking for something used but in good shape, that I am not going to have to replace again soon. I may be interested in an upgraded unit, as long as there are not too many other modifications needed to install it. Please let me...
  13. H

WTB: alh vnt actuator, new beetle drivers headlight

Looking to purchase a vnt turbo actuator in good shape for an alh, and a drivers side headlight for a new beetle. Headlight does not need to include the clear cover/lense. Thank you!
  14. H

WTB: Used Injection pump, 10 or 11mm

Looking for a functional ALH injection pump, 11mm preferred but 10mm might work for the right price. Let me know how many miles on your pump, which size it is and how much you are looking to get for it. Thanks
  15. H

Need diagnosis! Random injection timing change and low power!

I have been having an intermittent problem with my 99 NB 5 speed. All of a sudden while driving I will lose power, and the engine will become much louder (sounds like the injection timing is way too advanced). The check engine light also comes on when these symptoms appear. Then just as suddenly...
  16. H

Intermittent low power/loud/advanced timing ALH!

I have been having an intermittent problem with my 99 NB 5 speed. All of a sudden while driving I will lose power, and the engine will become much louder (sounds like the injection timing is way too advanced). The check engine light also comes on when these symptoms appear. Then just as suddenly...
  17. H

Twin vnt15 turbos????

Recently I have been toying with the idea of a 1.9 tdi with twin vnt15 turbos. Whether there is something major that I am missing that would prevent them from working, is the reason I have here for feedback. The setup I am imagining is something like this...
  18. H

WTB: NEW BEETLE HOOD, HEADLIGHT, & OTHER TDI PARTS! upstate NY

I am looking for a drivers side headlight, hood, hood hinges for a 99 beetle. Cyber green would be the preferred color, but any color will do for the right price. May also be interested in a front bumper cover and/or lower grille. Also looking for the valve that controls the intake air...