Search results

1. jetta 97

Tune options for a 1z in 2024

Cars before 2000 Never had Option to tune by OBD , so tunzilla was never offer for this car . On Those car you have to swap chips every time you want to have tune. RC3+ was usually done with conversion of VNT17 Turbo, Are you sure you have Stock turbo on this car , I would double check that ...
  2. jetta 97

1.9 tdi afn msa15 swap to edc15vm+

This is big project , we talking 80 pin ECU to Convert to 121 pin,Unless you want to spend 100 and 100 of ours , I would just live with it .
  3. jetta 97

2004 Jetta TDI wont blow hot air

100% Agree , Most common problem on MK4 cars Search on forum how to fix Blend Doors .
  4. jetta 97

Valve body replacement

Contact this Vendor : https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?members/coolairvw.38678/
  5. jetta 97

Burning oil on 15 Passat TDI

So if you look your dip stick from post #8 ( when Low oil light came on ) and post #13 (with new oil change) you can see that car used 0.5 L of oil , In 8k miles and that is absolutely normal . If they fill car all way to Max in 10K you would probably never get low oil light . And like...
  6. jetta 97

2011 Cjaa stand alone tuning / immobilizer delete

I reply on your PM.
  7. jetta 97

2010 Jetta ECU replacement questions... need guru help!

It is not easy , you have to have very advanced tool to be bale to program immobilizer which is part of the ECU, and just for record VCDS can not do this .
  8. jetta 97

Can't Add Remote Using VCDS

On Audi B8 it is way to different then old Jetta/Golf my friend, and VCDS can not do keys for this car .
  9. jetta 97

Digital Dash Upgrade (EBay)

Correct , circuit board from original cluster needs to be transfer , But I think they have only Gasoline version when I looked those, not 100% sure.
  10. jetta 97

AHU k03/k04 plug-n-play

Just covert to VINT 17 much better solution.
  11. jetta 97

Unable to remove cylinder lock from ignition housing

No, you do not need to do anything if you get Tumbler from Dealer coded By VIN , All will be plug and play as your original keys will work in new tumbler. Make sure you plug Immobilizer Coil with little connector, I have seen many People forgot this and can will start and turn off with No Key...
  12. jetta 97

Anyone know know what this pipe is?

If you have lot of oil in that area and down on transmission , Only oil in that area can be from Tandem pump and some can be from valve cover gasket. Just look with your eyes and see what is leaking . But if coolant flange leaking that is form Tandem pump oil leak.
  13. jetta 97

P2015, P2008 - Covered under emissions warranty?

Be careful, Dealer may give you different answer that you have to pay for it, If that happens call VW of USA and they will tell Dealer that is under warranty.
  14. jetta 97

You must have it in position #2 key (Ignition On) and good Pick (like Dentist pick ) and Tumbler will come out very easy , Pick has to be about 2 inch long , you may have short one and not reaching all way in. As I mention above I have done hundreds of them .
  15. jetta 97

Done hundreds of those and I have reuse tumbler( Cylinder ) in 99% of the time , There is nothing wrong with tumbler unless someone force key with pliers( which I have seen before) that is the only time I would replace Tumbler ( Cylinder ). Never had any of them to come back. 2 Weeks is to...
  16. jetta 97

Anyone know know what this pipe is?

As was mention in post#4, that is coolant. But what really going on here is this , Your Tandem pump leaking oil and leaking on Coolant flange , then kills O -ring in flange and you get coolant leak. Since you have Manual transmission flange should be Aluminum so you will need only O ring only ...
  17. jetta 97

Thread for Runonbeer (Robby in Austin)

Roby is not working anymore on TDI-s, He moved to east , I think NC. If you want to drive to Dalllas I can help you , Just send me message if you Ok with that .
  18. jetta 97

Key Immobilizer and BCM . . . related or not?

Water damage car is really bad thing to have , water corrosion is like cancer , it just go on and on and neber stops. So in your case ot could be really anything , wiring corroded/broken, bad/water damage Instrument Cluster, same for can gateway since Bcm is in same level as Can Gateway and...
  19. jetta 97

Key Immobilizer and BCM . . . related or not?

BCM will not make immobilizer active unless do not send 12v or Ground to Cluster or ECU , which I doubt it is in your case . I think your problem is Can Gateway . It is above gas pedal. You have some DTC there : 01314 - Engine Control Module 004 - No Signal/Communication -...