Search results

1. runonbeer

Crank no start alh tdi wiring makes me go insane (solved)

It's probably fuse 32 as Nickmix also found out. Weird things happen from time to time https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/no-start-after-tb-change.244550/page-6#post-2956027
  2. runonbeer

Difficulty Diagnosing ALH Overboost

Check the air filter and snow screen for heavy debris. Make sure the large vacuum hose between the N75 and air box isn't plugged or that any part of it has become weak and is collapsing. A collapsing actuator line will also cause over boost.
  3. runonbeer

Poor fuel economy, turbo on its way out?

Thermostat is the first thing to try. I just replaced mine on my 2010 last weekend. I never saw >180 all winter on my PolarFIS. After new Tstat it hit 192 after 8 miles. Haven't driven it enough to get MPG numbers but they will be higher now. Unfortunately the thermostat is not easy to change.
  4. runonbeer

2001 ALH Jetta - suddenly very little boost, after IP reseal. I have VCDS but new to it.

What is the injection quantity reported in Measuring Block 001 at idle on a warm engine with the AC off?
  5. runonbeer

FS: 2006 MKIV GLS Golf TDI Auto $2000, IL

https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/09a-bew-automatic-axle-info.483681/
  6. runonbeer

Rough idling on cold start

Compression test.
  7. runonbeer

Hard tubing underneath IP is leaking water 2000 alh TDi

I like to hit the bore in the block with a bit of sandpaper to dust off the rust. Wipe it clean after with a wet rag. I would usually give the o-ring a squirt of spray silicone lube to ensure that it doesn't roll when sliding in
  8. runonbeer

2003 Jetta Wagon 5speed for sale in Austin TX

By the way car is located in Austin TX. Just want to make sure that's clear.
  9. runonbeer

2003 Jetta Wagon 5speed for sale in Austin TX

Hi everyone. My friend Jen crashed her Jetta and is ready to move on. The good: Manual ALH wagon. The bad: crashed. It really doesn't look too bad to me. Hood, fender, lock carrier. Possibly a radiator. Didn't even break the headlights! No damage to rear. 390k miles. But it got a new motor...
  10. runonbeer

FS: 2003 Jetta GLS TDI ALH $3,000 Asheboro,NC *SOLD*

Kuso I could swap it for you. I've done a bunch. There's also Jimbote just south of me a ways. He's done like 500 or some crazy number.
  11. runonbeer

VW blend door plugs - community effort to reproduce?

I just put aluminum tape on em. I could knock out a blend door job before 10am.
  12. runonbeer

Over boosting, 2003 ALH...

I'm betting the vacuum vent line is pinched in the air box or twisted up so the n75 can't let any air into the actuator diaphragm.
  13. runonbeer

Pump lost prime

The camera we used was fine. Something with the quality went haywire when my brother in law did some editing to cut out all the non-action bits. Blame him.
  14. runonbeer

Non-running 2010 JSW

I also remember having to get a special adapter welded up to be able even check the compression with my tester. Those glow plug holes are deep. Sand tends to accumulate down in those holes too so always blow them out really good before you pull the plugs.
  15. runonbeer

Non-running 2010 JSW

The CJA lacks the spur gear used in the CBE/CR and it also fortunately lacks the BSM. I replaced the whole head with new OEM. You can probably find a good used head from a salvage yard. I just found this which seems like a pretty good deal assuming it's got new valves/guides etc.
  16. runonbeer

Non-running 2010 JSW

I bought my current '10 Golf not running. Dealer had put a fuel system on it but still couldn't get it to run. I found that one of the cam gears on the driver end of the head had slipped and the cams were out of phase. You need to check compression. It may be very very low. In fact I was tipped...
  17. runonbeer

ALH Overboosting... i think

Do you have VCDS? If not you should. www.ross-tech.com We need to see the timing and injection quantity values.
  18. runonbeer

HELP: How do you install a new clutch pedal pad?

I've never done it either but try dropping it in some boiling hot water for a minute or two. You'll need some hot gloves to work it on.
  19. runonbeer

Timing belt kit at RockAuto ?

When I was running the shop I always felt that one of the most valuable services I provided was parts curation. It was largely invisible to the customer but I could always make sure they got the best part, and the best value whether the realized it or not.
  20. runonbeer

How to video: On car VE injection pump seal replacement video

This is how I did this job the very first time on an 86 Jetta I used to have. I screwed it to a block of wood and changed the head seal while sitting on my back porch.