Search results

1. F

What color is the car? I'd be interested in the rear bumper and tail lights if they are good.

What color is the car? I'd be interested in the rear bumper and tail lights if they are good.
  2. F

2004 Jetta TDI (BEW) Rear Main Seal

No issue.... ;)
  3. F

As IBW already said... This one: https://www.idparts.com/rear-mainshaft-seal-a4b55-06a103171a-012370-p-625.html
  4. F

So I found out. Hopefully others will take notice as well. :)
  5. F

The one I was directed to by the parts catalog was the Mahle 67750. As I found out, that was not correct. The mechanic I used (only does VW) said he has noticed this before. I used Amazon to get the seal. They said it was "non-returnable" but they took it back in this instance. It seems...
  6. F

Guys, I posted previously about a 5 speed manual transmission being swapped out with this vehicle. I'd like to have the rear main seal replaced while we're at it. Problem is, there is more than one version/model listed. Knowing my luck I'd end up with the wrong one. Does anyone know the...
  7. F

2004 Jetta TDI with bad 5 speed transmission

My 04 cruise should be fine. I have a tune that, among other things, fixed the cruise control issue with a gear swap. I put a .658 fifth gear set into it and got the tune just afterward.
  8. F

I can get those from the old one. Glad you pointed that out!
  9. F

I thought that might be the case but wanted to run it past the folks on here to confirm. Thanks for the info!
  10. F

No question. Might be a little more than I want to spend to make the switch. Not sure how long I will hold on to the car after the repairs are done.
  11. F

Ok guys, a quick question for all you transmission gurus. My 2004 Jetta TDI (BEW of course) 5 speed transmission took a dump and is beyond repair. It is coded "EUH". I have located an "EGR" transmission with reasonable miles on it. My question: Would the "EGR" transmission be acceptable in...
  12. F

2004 Jetta TDI - 5 Speed Transmission shot

I had a shot at a GTI tranny, but was advised against it. Likely for the very reasons you mention here.
  13. F

Hey thanks. I'll see what he can tell me about it - if he still has it. I appreciate the help!
  14. F

I'll check it out. Thanks!
  15. F

Got a contact email of phone you can PM to me? Not familiar with him.
  16. F

Very likely yes. Still looking at options, hope to find a transmission locally.
  17. F

The shop told me (and I am going there in a day or two) one of the gears came through the side of the housing. Transmission oil splattered all around. Shop has a good reputation and they have done other work for me. I'll see if I can get / post a few pics - cuz I know that will be the next...
  18. F

Got it. Was hoping that GTI tranny would work. Low miles, etc. Oh well. I'll keep searching. Not in a super big rush to get this back on the road. I have another TDI (of course!).
  19. F

OK guys, New territory for me. The 5 speed manual transmission (code EUH) has gone bad in my 2004 Jetta TDI. I put a clutch in it a year and a half ago, and all was fine. I have located a transmission from a 2003 GTI - transmission code FZR. The FZR is a 6 speed transmission. Will this...