Search results

1. F

FS: 2005 Passat Wagon TDI -MD

Thanks folks, the new owner just pulled away in her. I ended up having the new hood and bumper painted and put on. re: the glovebox, im fairly certain they all had it stock as Oilhammer said. I'm going to miss her :sniffle: I did order a new X5 35d though. Pretty excited about that.
  2. F

Thanks folks! I'm still kind of on the fence about selling her. I love her, but I sold my M5 and now I'm going to sell this and get something that combines the two. Maybe a X5 335d! New Craigslist link: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/2516790078.html For some reason, the posting...
  3. F

dup, please delete
  4. F

FS/FT: Complete biodiesel reactor- everything included -SoMD

Haha, I wish Herb! I figure that once i acquire a larger garage space I can start up my production again.
  5. F

FS/FT: Complete biodiesel reactor- everything included -SoMD

Due to lack of (current) use and requirement for additional floor space in my garage, I have decided to parts ways with my Appleseed biodiesel reactor. Upon request, I can draft up a document explaining actions required to convert waste vegetable oil (WVO) into clean burning biodiesel. Numbers...
  6. F

Did B5 come with manual trans and or 4 motion in USA?

I know, what a crock. You can get the B5 in 4-motion or 5 speed (not sure about both in one), but you can't get a B5 TDI. You can get a B5.5 with a TDI, but no TDI +5 speed or TDI + 4 motion. Naturally the dream is TDI + 5 speed + 4 Motion = happy man
  7. F

Floor Mats.... Got a question or 2..

I do not recommend the Weather Tech mats that are supposed to fit the B5.5. I got a set and they slid all over the place. They fit better in my Jeep...haha I have the Sams Club special (like 20 bucks for four) and they are great thus far (about a year). They show no wear P.S- CT native as well.
  8. F

Jeep swap??

where do you source your engines?
  9. F

glow plug recall dealer experience

Waldorf VW in MD did my GPs and ECU flash in under 2 hours as well. I notice the GP light stays on for a second or two longer, but hey no problems either. at 55K, my original plugs looked great as well. One less headache. Next step is RC tune...
  10. F

new to Biodiesel have a question...

Hi Cris, IIRC auto makers started installing better hoses in ~1993, so if you were to start out with a weak mixture, you should be fine. You can get kits specifically cut for your application from greaseworks.com. The guy's name is Justin and i have dealt with him in the past. You should...
  11. F

Post your TDI sightings here!!

Being both a Diesel fan and Jeep fan, belive me i am looking for you. I would kill to find a decently priced Cummins 4BT for my TJ. Oh, i see Ian all the time but then again we work in the same building. So whats up fellow DC area folks? Been havign any meets lately?
  12. F

FS 5Speed conversion .681 5TH, TT shifter

mmm.. manual goodness. This would be magical in my B5.5V. Way too bad i just blew my load on my BS upgrade
  13. F

Subaru Diesel

The wifeys father works for Subie corporate in NJ. Says they pushed back production for US due to auto trans mating issues. Apparently torque was a factor. Diesel Subies are selling like hotcakes in Europe.
  14. F

No boost

well thank you sir! i thought that i had repositioned it to avoid it happening again, but clearly i was mistaken.
  15. F

Trunk doesn't always lock when closing

check your weatherstripping. Mine was shutting, but apparently not all the way and i was having to slam the hatch... check your weatherstripping and make sure thats its fully seated.
  16. F

No boost

i lost my turbo to intercooler cross connect hose and that was what was happening to me. Turns out that a piece of plastic wire conduit was chafing the boost charge line and wore a hole in it. This is the silicone hose off the turbo to the cross connect, not the cross connect. I would check...
  17. F

Newly purchased '05 Passat

MOGolf = good guy. Just did my BS upgrade for me today!
  18. F

05 Passat Wagon TDI 2.0t, Texas, $11800

I dont think the 04/05 B5 TDIs came in leatherette... Great price though... i paid 20k last year for mine... I still owe more than youre asking...lol