Search results

1. pilotguy

Flashing Glowplug light, white/grey smoke at stoplight. VCDS log

Hello everyone! New VCDS user, so posting for some help. Driving to work, I lifted off the accelerator to exit the highway and the yellow glow plug light started flashing. As I came to a stop at the light, some white/grey smoke was visable at the back of the car in my side mirror. Drove the...
  2. pilotguy

Opinion help for 2014 JSW or 2015 GSW

Hello everyone!!! While I have not posted for quite sometime, I have remained a lurker in the forums. I am moving back stateside in a few weeks, and will be jumping right back into the TDI world with my car purchase. As per the thread title, it is down to a 2014 JSW or a 2015 GSW. I wanted...
  3. pilotguy

oil check light? and loss of power

Hey all!!! Long time since I have been here, as my Golf TDI was sold to my parents when I moved out of the country. Anyway.... 220,000miles now. Oil pressure light came on 2 days ago. Oil level was checked and good. Pressure switch was replaced with no change. Put on a trailer and hauled...
  4. pilotguy

Soft and "screechy" brake pedal

Noticed that when stepping on the brake to release the hand brake after starting my car, the brake pedal is soft and will make a constant screechy sound if pressed with a certain amount of pressure. The pedal will firm up a little with several pumps, but still continues to sink slowly to the...
  5. pilotguy

Transmission-clutch problem

My 2000 Golf is reluctant to go into gear from a dead stop. I have noticed that it goes into 1st gear nicely just prior to stopping. However, when taking my foot off the brake with the clutch fully depressed, the car will start to move forward on completely flat ground. (I have checked this on...